Zubiya's high on fury

Asfandyar daren't move, he daren't even blink, he was frozen to the spot. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest---duh-duhn, duh-duhn. As that one fimiliar beautiful name echoed in his ears, a militia of chills marched down his spine. Was there something or was it just a distortion of his senses, an illusionary moment? Because ever since he was pulling his egoistic apparel down like more than two days, he exceptionally missed Zubiya. His mind had been thinking about her alot, lately. He wondered if he had accidentally heard Dr. Zubiya instead of any other name, but there was it. He recognized her hand writing. She had even done her signatures at the very end of the checklist. All these facts struck, indecisive chords in him, but only one could be chosen obviously.

Asfandyar closed his eyes and sighed heavely. The rational Asfandyar was offline for the moment and the primitive Asfandyar, who reverted to his old habits of showing his fiery temper was in the room. Suddenly his liberal opinions were gone, his ability for nuance and emotional generosity were gone too. His fists would stay firmly by his sides and the medical reports laid still open.

There was a momentary flare of anger in his expressions. If Zubiya has done this, she surely will face it!  With that, he dialled the nurse's station. 

"Send Dr. Zubiya into my office right now!!" Burning rage hissed through his body.

"Sir Dr. Zubiya hospital mein nahi hain." The nurse on the other side of the phone replied, squirming under his outburst of torrent.

"Kya matlab, hospital mein nahi hain? Unki duty nahi hai?" He instantly asked after these weasel words hit him.

"Jee sir unhi ki duty hai abhi, woh keh rahi theen ke aik zaroori kaam hai isliye ghar jaa rahi hoon. Abhi unka phone aya tha, she is on her way. Dr Shahab substitue duty de rahay hain unki jagah." She explained nervously. All of the staff clearly knew that while talking to him even if one word goes wrong, there's no extent of the fiery they had to face henceforth.

"Iss duty switch ko register kiya hai kisi ne?" His voice engulfed a strong hold.

"Sir yeh tou nahi pata mujhe. Mein apko Faisal sahab se puch ke batati hoon." She replied as she connected the call to the reception, where the duty assignments were usually done. The clock ticked in the heavy silence. His cold and hard eyes were settled on his computer's desktop. Yeh poora hospital tou apni marzi se chal raha hai!

"Hello? Sir?" The nurse confirmed if he was still on the other side of the line.

"Jee. Register kiya hai kisi ne? Faisal Sahab ko inform kiya hai?" He enquired.

"Sorry sir, likin Faisal Sahab dinner break ke liye gaye hoye hain." The nurse unnervingly replied as she took hold of the landline. "Woh--- woh jesay hi aatey hain, mein apko foran inform karti hoon." The nurse rushed in with a useless assuring of her words.

Asfandyar rolled his eyes. Great! Yahan tou khana peena bhi chal raha hai!

"Sirf aap aur mein hi duty pe hain shayad baki tou koyi dinner enjoy kar raha hai, koyi zaroori kaam karney nikal gaya hai, kisi ki tabiyat theek nahi hai." He retorted sarcastically. "Dr Zubiya jese hi aati hain foran mere office bhejein unko. Aur jab Faisal sahab ka khana peena mukamal ho jaye tou unhein bolein kindly aaj ki duty assignment report ke sath woh bhi mere office mein tashreef layein." With that he hung up.

The call was disconnected and the nusre took a sigh of relief. Her lips twitched in a small smile as she remembered the sarcastic comments made by Dr Asfandyar. She shook her head in a usual practice of ignoring Dr Asfandyar's sarcastic reamarks and continued to do her work.

***

Just as one of the nurses was arranging the nursing tray with scissors, microspore medical tapes, saline flushes and some sanitary gauze, Dr Zubiya entered the nurse's station, offering Salam to the nurses who were working with their head downs as silence swayed over them. Every single creature knew that Dr Asfandyar was in no good mood today and a single huff heard by him could create endless troubles. Zubiya placed her handbag and phone on the counter and turned out to look for any new patient entry.