Chapter 7

Shawn's P.o.v.

The plane landed in Miami. It was kinda cold but it wasn't that cold. Indie woke up so I took her to get dressed in the family bathroom.

When I was done dressing her, she asked my to put her hair in a pony tail. I got my hands wet and slicked her hair back and got her hair tie and tied the pony tail.

I picked her up and she played with my shirt collar.Bart saw us and we went to the limo.

Indie looked out the window the whole time. When we got to the hotel, We had breakfast. Indie say next to me eating dry Apple Jacks.

"Daddy, it's the scary man." She said going under the table. I looked over and saw Bart walk in the room. I pulled her into my lap and she hid her face in my chest.

Bart came to talk to me about the event today and if I wanted Indie to go on stage with us. She was squirming around trying to hide from Bart.

"Um yeah we will have her come with us." I said rubbing her back.

"Daddy, when is the scary man gonna leave us alone?" She asked looking at me. Bart laughed a loud laugh and looked at her. "Gosh, kids say the funniest things."

Then Mahogany came and got her to go look in the gift shop. The guys started talking to Bart. I looked over and saw Mahogany holding Indie. They looked like they needed each other.They belonged together.

I stood up and went to the bathroom to wash my hands.When I was done Indie ran up to me with Mahogany.

"Daddy? Why people shout my name?" She asked holding up her arms.I lifted her up and saw fans running towards us.

"Mahogany come on!" I screamed tightening my grip on Indie.We ran to the bathroom and I set down Indie and pushed the door shut.

When I locked it the intense banging started.

"Indie we love you!" ,"Shawn come out!" And mostly just screaming. Indie started crying. I picked her up, "Hey, baby, they love you. They are just excited."

She sniffed, "Pwease sing da song you always sing for me."

I bounced her up and started singing summertime sadness in her ear. Mahogany went out of the bathroom and screams became really loud.

"Hey guys Indie is really scared right now. You all can meet her at the meet and greet." Mahogany poked their head back in.

"You can come out now." Indie had her head buried in my neck. Breakfast was over so we went up to our floor. I was sharing a room with Mahogany and Jacob.

We were waiting for Jacob to show up. Jacob came in and hugged Mahogany. "Hey Mendes, who is the little one."he said Bro hugging me.

"This is Indigo Hazel. I adopted her in January." I said while Indie watched Tv.

He nodded, "Did Bart make you do it..." I shook my head. "No, all me." I said.

Magcon started at 3 and it was 10 right now.I told Mahogany to watch her while I get some stuff.

I ran down to the Starbucks and got chocolate milk. (A/N like the one in the fridges in the plastic bottles.)

I went back upstairs and everything was normal. I took out her bottle and poured the milk in the bottle.

I shook it up and lifted up Indie. "Ok princess, you have to take your nap early today ok?" I said holding her.

"Otay." she said holding the bottle. I pulled back the covers and placed her in bed. I grabbed her blanket and covered her.

When she was done I put her bottle on the night stand and Mahogany and Jacob went to the other room. I turned off the tv. I realized I haven't talked to parents since I went to Canada for Christmas, 2 weeks before I had the paperwork for adopting Indie.

I went on Skype, Aaliyah was on. I smiled and Skyped her. When she answered a smile spread across her face.

"MOM! DAD! Shawn is calling." Aaliyah said running out of the office into the hallway where I could still see her.

My parents ran into the office after Aaliyah. "Shawn,how are you... did you get your child?" my mom said really excited.

I nodded. "She is taking her nap right now." My family smiled. "So I'm a aunt?" Aaliyah asked. I nodded again.

We talk for a hour and Indie woke up. "Daddy awe you talking to the muffin man?" Aaliyah laughed, "She really is your daughter."

I went over and sat her on my lap, "Shawn, she is beautiful." My Dad smiled widely. Puzzled, Indie looked at the computer. "Daddy, why the people move?"

I pointed to each one of them. "that's my Daddy, that's my Mommy, and that's my little sister." They all smiled.

"Hi, I Indie. I 2" she said holding up 3 fingers. I laughed and put one down. Indie was talking and laughing at everything.

"Ok well, it was nice seeing you guys, we will be up there in May for Mother's Day." I said.

"Ok honey we love you." My mom said smiling.

"Bye Shawn Bye Indie." Aaliyah sad waving.

The connection was cut.I got a text that we had to go do sound check. I put on Indie's uggs and headed down.