III

Kung lutang ako kaninang umaga, I think High na ako the rest of the day. Ni hinde ko na nga namalayan na lunch break na namen.

We're now heading to our Cafeteria and I'm with my two buddies. Pagka-upo namin sa usual spot namin Alex voluntered to buy us our lunch, so kami nalang ni Max ang naiwan sa table.

Max ? What should I do ? Sabi ko habang naka-halumbaba sa table while looking outside the window.

She looked at me and gave me her your-just-overthinking look with matching one arched brow. Haaaay.. the pemus signature Max look.

You know what? Just stop thinking about it, malay mo, fake news lang yung narinig ni Alex. So Chill okey. And if it happens, just follow what you think is right. And she went back on reading her book, meaning stop-talking-to-me-coz-i'm-busy.

Nagbuntong hininga nalang ako, Oo nga naman, baka fake news lang yung sinabi ni Alex, right ? *fingers cross*

Moments later, dumating na si Alex carrying a tray of our food. Alex seated beside Max infront of me, her usual seat, kasi daw tanaw niya who's coming in and out sa Cafet, i dunno why. After praying, we started digging in.

I was enjoying my lunch when Alex suddenly kicked me under the table, muntik ko pang mabitawan ang spoon nahawak ko sa gulat,Dahek!

I looked up and glared at her, pero Alex looked more shock than I am and she's not looking at me , but behind me. Ha ? Anyare sa kanya ?

When I look at Max direction with a questioning look, she has the look na parang nakakita sya ng multo, and when she locked eyes with me, she gave me her your-so-dead-meat-now look.

And at that very moment , I know whats happening, nanglamig ako bigla. OhSheet.... sheet,sheet of paper! I closed my eyes hard and prepared myself..oh ghadd , bahala na si Spiderman.

RIAN? The person standing behind me said.

Ang kaninang napaka-ingay na Cafeteria ay biglang tumahimik, Watdahek? ano to ? Parang sa movie lang? Ang Oa ha.. Mga busy buddy talaga ng mga tao dito! Ughh!

Bumuntong hininga ako, MALALIM.. And slowy turned around to face him.

And there is no other than CEDRIC, the very least person na gusto kung makita today, and to make things worst, his wearing a suit and a tie while holding a huge and I really mean HUGE BOUQUET of Flowers. Dafak! seryoso ba siya ??

akala ko ba invite lang as a date?? Bakit parang mag-popropose na ang punta nito ? And please dont tell me he'll do the pemus 'one knee on the ground'. Please DON'T.

And there ladies and gentlemen, in a slow motion effect..

Cedric Rodriguez is now  on his one knee on the ground, holding his HUGE bouquet of flowers with all his glory, flashing his up and down braces with his megawatt smile while looking up at me.

Rian, will you be my date this coming Soiree?

BOOOM ! THAT'S it ! He said it, now what Kyrian Salvador ?! Asan na si Spiderman mo ha ? Oh ghadd lupa, kainin mo nalang ako please. I don't like this, ayaw na ayaw ko talaga nang ganito, All eyes on us. Para akung naka-hot seat. And everyone is waiting for my answer.

Bahala na nga, I'll just go with the flow, I guess.. Para matapos na to..

I stood up from my chair, help him get up. I looked at him in eyes, will through his super thick glasses though, and he smiled at me, a very genuine smile. And it breaks my heart that any moment now, that smile will turn into a frown..

I let out a sighed for the nth time and I'll say it, I'm really sorry Ced. Oh ghad..why is this so damn hard.

Ced, I'm---

Wait, before you say anything, I'm really happy that your taking me serously right now, and.... I'd be so delighted if you'll accept my invitation as my friend Rian. He said with a hopeful look.

And I just cant say No to that. Maybe its okey right? and he said it himself, as his FRIEND. and I know Ced doesn't have any friends around him. Maybe just this once would be fine.. I think ?

*Deep sighed*

Okey, I accept. I said.

I look at him  in the eyes, and for a moment there, i felt that I did the right choice, he looked so happy, sa sobrang saya niya he hug me so tight, so tight hinde na ako maka-hinga.

Dafak Rian! just really hope that you won't regret this.

~~*

A/N: What do you think about Cedric and Rian ??

Will their Boat Sail or Sink ?