Chapter 7: First Date

Josie POV

Tonight, I am going on my first date with Penelope, not ideal, but I'm excited. Why is that when you are looking forward to something, everything before seems to take 10x longer. At least I had MG in two of my classes to help pass the time, though he was asking why I was so peppy. Hope asked the same thing which was unusual and sucked because I was going to spend after school with her today.

After a long day, it was finally after school and my mood was back to normal. I got in Hope's car, by now I could recognize her car. Unlike usual, we talked the majority of the ride back.

"Why were you so peppy earlier?"

"No reason"

"C'mon, you are going to be stuck with me for the next two hours, might as well tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone"

"Fine. I have a date tonight"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Is it really that hard to believe?"

"No. A beautiful girl like you, I'm surprise you haven't gotten asked out earlier"

"Did you just call me beautiful?"

"Maybe. Who you going out with? Maybe I know them"

"Penelope"

"You definitely do not want to go out with her"

"Why not?"

"Cuz they made a stupid bet about your feelings"

"I know. What I didn't know was that you care"

"I don't care"

"Who knew bitch queen had a heart"

"Is it really that hard to believe?" She says, quoting me.

"Kinda"

"Rude, I still would be careful"

"Why?"

"I dunno if I should tell you"

"I thought you just said you cared about me"

"Don't go putting words in my mouth, Saltzman. Penelope isn't really known for keeping relationships."

"Meaning"

"Her style is more sleep and ditch or date and break"

"She told me she wouldn't do that."

"Yeah, I wouldn't be too sure"

"Really, the same thing was once said about you, and you and Landon have been together for like a year."

"Sure"

And before we knew it we had arrived at her house. The next two hours went by pretty quickly and before I knew it, it was time for my date. She told me casual wear was preferred because we were just going to watch a movie and spend the night getting to know each other. But, I still put in a little effort.

Penelope arrived at our house and I quickly got in her car hoping that Lizzie didn't see me. The movie was pretty good, there were a few weird, cheesy parts, but can you really expect a romance movie to not include some cheesy parts. She then took me to this really beautiful spot, I don't know what it's called, but it was a flower field with a really good view of the stars.

"Absolutely beautiful"

"Yeah, I thought you might like it"

"What about it?"

"The view, the flowers, the stars"

"The silence ... how'd you find this place?"

"My brother took me here once when I wasn't doing great"