The Sunday Confessions

Hey Guys,
Sorry for the delay. I was a bit confused about the plot and hence was unable to write. Do forgive my flaws. Hope you guys will like it.

CHAPTER 6

AGNI’S POV

A week went by so soon. It was finally a Sunday. I was getting ready to go to Singhania Mansion, which was Vijay Uncle’s house. We always had our Sunday lunch at Singhania’s. It was a routine that we followed since childhood and because of this we four children were best friends. I was more close with Ruh Bhai even though I used to spend more time with Ary Bhai. Ruh Bhai knew everything about me, maybe more than Dida. Whenever I have a problem or trouble, the first one who I would call for is Ruh Bhai. He was such a caring and innocent brother for me. Ruh Bhai was practicing as a Criminal Lawyer at the Mumbai High Court. He was not interested to be involved in his family business and was so adamant to do something independently. Hence he became a Lawyer. As Ruh Bhai was settled in his life, Vijay Uncle and Shikha Aunty were looking for potential matches. Ruh Bhai had a liking towards Dida and he really wished to marry her. I hoped that Dida agreed to it as I knew that Ruh Bhai would always keep her happy and safe.

“Chutki, are you ready, let’s go”, Dida said and we walked to Singhania Mansion. It was a huge house as Vijay Uncle was so successful with his company. The place had a lawn and a mini park in it where we four used to hangout when we were kids. Even now we used to sit on those grass fields or on those swings and discuss about the happenings in our lives and many other things. We both went inside the house straightly. Vijay Uncle and Shikha Aunty were sitting and chatting at the dining area.

“Sat Shree Akal Vijay Uncle, Sat Shree Akal Shikha Aunty”, We both greeted them in unison. Dida touched both of their feet and took their blessings which was followed by me.

“Jite Raho Bete, May God Bless you both”

“Uncle, where is Ruh Bhai and Ary Bhai?”, I asked.

“Ruh is there, upstairs. Ary’s medical coaching classes began yesterday. He has classes on every Saturday and Sunday and that too from 9.00 to 4.00. I thought he mentioned it to you”, Uncle replied

“No. He informed me about his coaching but didn’t say that he had classes on Sundays”, I said to Uncle. I was disappointed to hear that I couldn’t spend time with Ary Bhai. But if there was no Ary Bhai, it meant that me and Ruh Bhai will get our “our” time. Dida used to spend time with Shikha Aunty more and that used to be the time Ruh Bhai talks about his liking towards Dida. Even though Ary Bhai and Ruh Bhai were own brothers, I was the person who actually knew their secrets especially their love matters. Ary Bhai didn’t know that Ruh Bhai liked Dida and Ruh Bhai didn’t know that Ary Bhai was in a relationship with Janu Di. I made sure that both of these remained as a secret till they wanted each other to have a knowledge about it.

“Agni, tum upar jao, Ruh ke paas. Bhumi, stay here, we want to talk with you”, I had a curiosity in my mind as to what matter Vijay Uncle and Shikha Aunty were going to talk with Dida. But on the other hand I was more than happy to see Ruh Bhai. I moved upstairs. I saw Ruh Bhai seated in the balcony busy reading his law book.

“Good Morning Mr. Ruhaan Singhania, what are you doing?”, I said in my usual playful tone.

“Good Morning to you too, Ms. Agni Sharma, I was reading an important legal text”, Ruh Bhai replied with my same tone.

“Ohh Ruh Bhai, how do you find these law books so interesting. Whenever I see you, you always have a law file or book with you. Don’t you feel bored”

“Law is not just my profession Agni, it’s my passion as well as my obsession. I would never get bored of it”, Ruh Bhai replied passionately.

“Okay, I understand. But at least don’t read it when I’m here to talk with you”, I said showing my puppy face at him.