World At Odds... Or At Least What's Left

A/N: My first story!! :D So I came up with this the other day cuz I stayed home from school and yada yada yada. But I liked the idea! So I came up with some characters and SHAZZAM. Also, it's gonna be updated kinda slowly... So I'm sorry > n<

Alma looked to her court's general standing before her.

"Any news, sir?" she asked, blue eyes boring holes into him and making the roughly six-foot man crumble.

"King Dierk has marched his remaining soldiers who had survived our ambush to the outskirts of Falkenberg." he squeaked.

Her eyes narrowed in distaste. What exactly did they think they were doing? Going to a heavily populated city like that, they were begging to be killed.

"Send Birke's men to irradicate them." The general stood there and blinked at her for a moment as if she had six heads.

"That's an order!" she boomed. The man bowed and ran out of the throne room at full speed.

Alma sighed and rested her head on her left hand, relaxing into the seat. Noone had ever thought she would ever be properly suited to be queen. Certainly not of their country.

But here she was, all of these people's lives in her delicate hands. These hands that are stained with the blood of British fathers and mothers whose families would surely curse her and this damned fighting.

All of the western hemisphere was nothing but toxic wasteland now, or so she was told. She hadn't lived through it. Her great-grandparents had.

Back when they were no older than she, the United States began instigating the country of Russia into an all out nuclear showdown. America never had any nukes, but Russia did. That was over 100 years ago.

Now the entire world was in turmoil as we all fight for our right to live. Why? Because people are just mad like that.

She arose from her chair and made her way down the long stone walkway towards her room. It was rough to be in charge of a whole nation. Especially at such a young age. Her thoughts wandered to the new king of Russia. His parents had died only this year due to an air raid from China. The boy was only six years old. She heard he was quite intelligent though and would make an honest replacement as king.

Alma retired onto her bed and sighed in defeat. This war was getting the best of her, but it would not get her country and no damned German Nazi party would change that.

A knock at the door made her turn to whoever was entering.

"Birke's men are already on their way. A-And lunch is ready for you." She nodded and bidded him to leave, shouting a thank you after him. Maybe she would be able to set her mind at ease after a nice, warm meal.

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

RATE

WHATEVER-ELSE-PEOPLE-DO

HOPE YOU ENJOOOYED~~