2. 50 year-old man

TYLER

I have never been the kind of guy that believes in hitting on a girl online, it wasn't even on purpose. But I guess everybody is happy about making new friends, but this girl - Megan - got serious real quick. I really like helping people when they have problems as long as I'm able to help, but I don't find it cool when they only talk to me to whine about their lives and gossip about people who are actually their "friends". So Megan told me about her friend that apparently is a very bad person. Megan seems to have many problems in general, with her mom and bullies at school. I'm glad I can be there for her, but what can I do about her personal problems?

***

After some weeks of chatting we decided to meet. Okay, she asked for it. I was curious about her and hey, I've only had one girlfriend before and maybe this could really become something serious. 

I asked my roommate Ron for his opinion before I got ready for this date-thingy with Megan. 

"So this is like a blind date?", Ron asked.

"No, not really. We know each other for longer now, but I have no idea what to talk to her about. You know I'm not really a ladiesman, Ron. You know me."

"Okay, calm down man, you're not losing anything. She's probably not a 50 year-old man and also not a bodybuilder, so what should go wrong there?"

LEXI

I don't know why, but Meg decided to finally tell me everything about the mysterious "T.". 

His name is Tyler and they met online. Not a big deal at all, but I knew she was going to spend much more time with him than with me. I would be alone then. 

"So you're meeting him today, okay. Where will you meet?"

"We will meet in the city I guess. Many people will be there, so I can be saved if he's not who he pretends to be", she said and started laughing.

"I will be around there too, I need some new school supplies. When I hear your screams I will save you, no worries." I started laughing as well and for some time I forgot about the fact that this guy would destroy our friendship. I wanted Megan to be happy and all that, but she was my only friend. I gave up on every other friendship because 1. I was sure Megan would always be there for me, all the time and 2. she didn't really like it when I spent time with someone else. But that's normal, right? 

"...But really, Meg. Don't worry about anything, I bet Tyler is a nice guy and he will treat you well, that's what you deserve anyways, so what should go wrong there?" 

Very much, I thought, that guy stealing my best friend from me for example.