Chapter 47

Tyler and I had planted ourselves against a wall on the far end of the rooftop –that was quickly getting crowded– while I told him everything that had happened earlier

"Do you think he is saying the truth? Regarding one of your friends going behind your back?" He asked once I was finished.

I looked towards where my friends were standing and slowly shook my head. They seemed to be engrossed in some conversation along with Jace and Ryan.

Neil, Avi, and Ash were like my family. I couldn't even imagine them doing something like that to me.

"No. They'd never do that to me," I mumbled.

I looked back at Tyler who seemed to be deep in thought and said, "But it doesn't make sense. How else would Max know about my dad?"

"Have you told anyone else about it? Anybody?" 

I began to shake my head, but abruptly stopped when I remembered something. "Julian."

I met Tyler's eyes and he visibly tensed for a second.

"He would never do anything like that." Tyler frowned. "He is my brother, I know him. I trust him."

"I know. I trust him too, " I quickly said. "I'm just telling you that he is the only other person who knew about it."

He nodded, and we both fell silent for a long time. There were a thousand questions running in my mind; to which answers neither one of us knew.

He put an arm around my waist to bring me closer to him, and I wrapped my arms around him. "We'll figure it out, whatever it is. Don't worry." He kissed my temple and sighed. "Besides, maybe Max said all of that to just mess with your head."

"Maybe..."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt." I heard Ash's voice from behind me and I turned around, to see her standing there with a grin on her face. "Can I steal V for a sec?"

"Of course." Tyler dropped a kiss on my head and stepped away from me.

"I'll go find the guys. Don't get into too much trouble," he smirked, before turning to get lost in the crowd.

"You guys are so darn cute together," Ash gushed, as soon as we were alone.

I just shrugged in response, but I couldn't hide the big smile plastered on my face. 

There was an awkward silence between us, before Ash said, "I'm sorry, V."

"What are you sorry for?" I turned to look at her.

"For everything that happened downstairs with Ian. It looked like I was protecting him and accusing you of causing a scene."

"Nope, wrong answer. " I shook my head.

"Huh?"

"You should be sorry for being okay with him treating you like that. You should be sorry for even entertaining the idea of getting back together with him!"