Backgammon-The First Move Is The Most dangerous

Often in backgammon games, the result of the whole video game might be figured out in a couple of effective opening plays.

You want to be on the giving end of those relocations, rather than on the getting one.

Playing internet backgammon in basic, and especially playing backgammon for money can be nerve racking, as you wish to win at all expense, so here are some ideas and valuable encouragement that will help you in reading your challenger, his method, his way of thought on the board in general.

In particular backgammon tournaments and numerous online-games sites, a double in the opening move is restricted, so when you think about it there are only 15 possible plays for your opponent (or for you for that matter) to start with.

To each of the 15 opening plays there are over 20 possible replies-some more effective than others- the concept is to know which play to utilize and when.

In the following description I will give you some useful suggestions that will assist you pick the best play at the correct time, and ideally assist you win some money ...

The following are the advised replies when you get a double:

* 1-1:

In this circumstance it is my suggestion that you "construct" two homes, one at the 7- point bar and one at the 5-point bar. This will help keep your opponent at bay, and it's thought about both a fine offensive and defensive play.

* 2-2:

While there are several beneficial relocations with this roll, the most crucial pointer here is to not make the run towards the 16-point bar, as it will get you nowhere.

The best thing for you is to develop your position is the 11,4 point bar with a two-checkers house.

* 3-3:

The majority of gamers would play this by taking the 7 point bar, which is ... ok. The finest play here is to either strike your challenger in the 3 \ 5 point bar if possible and make the 10 and 21 point bar relocations.

* 4-4:

Once again, it is best to initiate a hit and attempt, considering that 4-4 is a strong mix, otherwise try to move to the 9 and 20 point bar.

* 5-5:

While numerous specialists will suggest on the play from the 13 point bar to the 3 point bar- I disagree.

If possible at the 1 point bar and closing it with the 3 point bar from the 8th area, I think the finest play is striking.

* 6-6:

Now this is a genuine double edged sword, because on one hand it can assist you establish your total and full control on the board, it can also get stuck to you with an atom bomb when all you required was a firecracker.

It is my suggestion that you attempt and develop yourself in the 18 and 7 point bar, but if those areas are taken the 2point bar is alright ...

Now, the following are the advised replies for an opening relocation with a non double roll:

* 5-1, 4-1:

Not a great roll, the best way to go is to divide your far checkers, or make a hit if possible. Nevertheless, it is not smart to make the 8 point bar.

* 6-3, 6-2:

Depending on your tactical plan - the offensive minded gamer should take the 18 and 10 \ 11 point bar, and obviously hit if possible. The more conservative player should most likely go for the 15 \ 16 point bar.

* 5-2:

Here you should absolutely strike your opponent if possible considering that it's a short variety roll, if not, the very best method to go is for the 11 and 8 point bar.

* 5-3, 3-1, 4-2, 6-1:

An excellent roll for you to start with, and in any case like this that enables you to construct a barrack with two checkers - do it!

The one exception is possibly if your challenger exposed himself at the 9-10-11 point bar ... your barracks are indicated to keep his checkers in, and if he is currently on the run, an empty prison is unworthy much ...

* 2-1:

Once again, if striking is possible- do it! If not, just make the 21 point bar.

* 6-4, 6-5:

These are also strong rolls that ought to be used as an offensive tool, meaning you need to take your far checkers to the 13-14 point bar instead of going safe at the 2 point barrack.

For conclusion, I have actually played countless backgammon and games tournaments, whether online games or offline, whether it was backgammon for money or totally free backgammon, these relocations were proven successful not as soon as, so stick to it and keep in mind that in some cases the ideal reply at the right time could well be the completing play.

Good luck J.