Introduction

Author's Note: This is a fifth rewrite of this series. I haven't ever actually finished a version, so it wouldn't be unexpected if the quality of the writing was to drop somewhere in the middle of the book. Anyway, this is a series based off of a combination of the haunted, as well as some of my other books. All of my main writings are connected, but each one can be standalone too.

Enjoy :D

-Cicada

--_--_--_--_--_

Entry 1, Day 23.

   I have been counting the days, mostly by the the sunsets. This world is fascinating, different from the previous places in so many ways. For starters, sunrises follow sunsets, and theres no weird time skips any time I do something for a few minutes. I certainly don't miss entire days each time I walk into a building.

   I have yet to find a place to settle down. It hasn't been long, but I've realized that it is finally over. There seems to be peace. Finally. I haven't been dragged anywhere new or dangerous each time I sleep, which is refreshing, to say the least. The Base was a one off chance, I had thought for a while. But now I know it's over.

   It is difficult to find the motivation to do much anymore, however. Without Armen, I find it especially hard to find even a reason to do much with what life I have left. I can't help but still be paranoid every waking moment, and I still find myself looking over my shoulder constantly. I'm scared that I might not be alone.

   I think splitting up with Grayson was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with, the loneliness is killing me. Not literally, of course, but it is terribly lonely here. There's people, but they avoid me. I assume this is because of my appearance, but I hadn't known that is was that bad until I tried to talk to the locals here.

   They refuse to speak with me altogether, and most try not to even look at me. I am curious if this is because they don't want to be rude, or of the age-old warning to never meet an end-beast's gaze.

   I, personally, have never gotten angry at someone for making eye contact. I much prefer it to avoiding eye contact, or just not even bing near me. I understand that I seem like I'm a threat, but I know I'm not, and I just wish that the people here would see that too.

   I have no way of knowing what season it is here, either. I feel clueless here, I don't even know if it's day or night sometimes. I noticed that I prefer the night much better, and I'm much more productive at the darker hours of the night. I enjoy looking at the stars, especially, even though sometimes I can't exactly see them because of my occasional night vision.

   I do plan to write in this journal on ocation, maybe I can forget less.

   My mind is scrambled,

   Drake.

Entry 2, Day 30.

   I've finally gotten someone to speak to me, so I cerainlly now feel much less clueless and a lot less alone. They didn't say much, but what they did say was especially helpful.

   This new land is called the badlands. I find the name to be fitting, with the bandits that sometimes attack the locals. I guess there is a positive to looking like a monster.

   Secondly, and this part was the most painful information I've heard since the prophecy back in the night-time demention, as I now call it. Armen isn't dead. But he isn't himself either.