Chapter 6: Conversations and Blood (pt 2)

Josie sat at the table, nervously waiting for Hope to arrive. She had everything ready to go, for their breakfast, she was just waiting on her girlfriend. She giggled. It was still strange to call Hope her girlfriend. Nice, but strange.

She felt Hope coming before she saw her and stood to great her. Hope smiled as she walked through the doors, which made Josie's heart flutter. She loved Hope's smile. It her opinion it was the best thing in the world to see, especially first thing in the morning.

Hope captured Josie's lips in a tender kiss, then said, "Good morning, beautiful."

"Morning," she replied happily. "Come. I have a surprise for you." She grabbed the basket off the table and pulled Hope along. Hope gently took the basket from her and linked their arms together and allowed Josie to lead her where she wanted.

Josie lead them out the kitchen doors into the dark morning. The sun hadn't begun to rise as they made their way across the school ground to the old mill. Josie led them up the stairs to a little spot where she already had a blanket set up. There were dozens of lit candles scattered across the floor and blanket. "I know it's not much, but I've spent a lot of time here the last few days, and I want to show you something. We have to wait for it to happen though."

She smiled at Hope. "May I take a little power?"

"Of course," Hope replied.

Josie siphoned a little bit of Hope's magic, then whispered the word to a spell she had been practicing. All at once the candles were raised up to just above their head like the ones in Harry Potter. She smiled at the awe filled look on Hope's face.

"Just like in the book," she said, then looked at Josie with a big smile.

"Just like in the book," Josie repeated. She pulled Hope over to the blanket. She had positioned the blanket at a spot that over looked the grounds, with no tree's in their line of sight. It would give them a perfect view of the sunrise. She opened the basket and pulled out the containers one by one. The cooks were already up prepping for the morning meal, and they were kind enough to make them each an omelet and cut up some fruit for them to share. She even packed something else for Hope, just incase she needed it.

Hope was still happily staring up at the lights.

"Hope," Josie said, gathering her attention.

"Magic amazing sometimes," She grinned. "I don't think we stop to appreciate it enough."

"I agree," Josie replied. "Um... I wasn't sure... That is, we've never really discussed... I mean you're a very private person... and your dad, he was a vampire. So, I heated up some... you know, just in case."

Hope followed along and tried to decipher Josie's rambling. "Oh..." she said, when she finally understood what Josie was asking. "I guess we have a lot to discuss," she said awkwardly. "I don't drink blood, but that was so sweet of you to think about." She grabbed Josie's hand. "I haven't unlocked my full vampire side yet. I do have some vampire abilities already. I was already stronger and faster and had better hearing than a human before I triggered my wolf side. My blood is vampiric. It's why I heal so quickly, and I can turn any wolf or human into a vampire."

"But you don't drink blood," Josie said.

"No. I also can't compel anyone. My hearing is good, but not nearly as good as MG's and he's also faster than I am, unless I'm in wolf form." Hope bit her lip then hesitantly asked, "Would you be okay if my vampire side was unlocked, because there's a good chance I'm going to wake up one morning a full tribrid."

Josie smiled, "I will be perfectly okay with you being a full tribrid."

Hope smiled and sighed in relief. She picked up a strawberry slice and offered it to Josie, who opened her mouth. They spent the rest of their breakfast talking about nothing and everything, while taking turns feeding each other.