Prologue

Ashes, cries, screams. The survivors were left in shock from the recent events of that night. Their kingdom was burnt down, thousands of people were killed, many were left harmed and died later in the morning.
"Hoseok and his father, King Munsun, sat on the balcony in each others embrace. They sat in silence to remember the fun times they had with Hoseok's mother. The father and son became much closer after witnessing her death.

The moon glowed from above the trees casting a silver light down onto the forest and kingdom. Hoseok stared into the forest, images flashing through his mind. He stood in the arms of a rouge vampire, being held back as he watched his mother get her blood drained from her body. The young Hoseok didnt realize that his father was being held back aswell.

Hoseok shivered at the horrid memory, and snuggled closer to his father. He watched the woods with sad stare before deciding that he would just cause more pain to stare at the moon lit trees. As he was about to look away, a soft smell of vampires hit Hoseok's nose. He sprung up and tugged on his dad's arm.

"Dad! Did you smell that?! We have to alert the kingdom."
Hoseok said pulling his dad onto his feet. When he turned around he saw fires and fighting. The vampires had arrived already.
"Dad! We have to help!"

The pair ran through the halls and unsheathed their swords. The ran through the main doors of the castle and entered the battle scene. Swords clashed and the sounds of battle cries rang through the air. One by one, werewolves fell. One by one, vampires grew stronger from the blood they drained out of the wolves. Hoseok new that they weren't going to leave victorious so he left the battle grounds and took hundreds of families that were hiding into the secret vault, made for things like this.

"Everyone! We will stay in here and pray for our families safe return. Now we must wait for the fight to end."

Now post-attack, Crown Prince Hoseok stared at what used to be his beloved home and kingdom be blown around in the form of black ash. His eyes scanned the area before landing on a burnt body wearing a torn robe embroidered with gold and silver. A black crown that held scattered gems lay on the floor, mere inches away. Tears started hitting the floor, sizzling sounded from the now cold spots from the moisture hitting the warm ground.
It was if time had stopped only for Hoseok as he bent down towards the royal crown. His fingers lightly grazed the surface before he yanked his hand back, startled by the shock that ran through his arm.

"Hey, Hyung. Are you ok? You look pretty beat up."
A voice behind him said. A hand was laid on Hoseok's shoulder before wrapping itself around his waist. The owner of the voice held Hoswok in his arms as they both stared at their fallen father.
"He will be missed, but for now, we have a city to rebuild and people to take care of."

"Thanks, Joon. I really needed that suuuuper thoughtful speech of yours."
Hoseok said with sarcasm laced through out his voice. He smiled softly at his twin before standing up and taking the crown.
"I now have a broken pack to restore."

Wow, that took long to write. Anyways, people say that they love my prologues sooooo i hope you enjoyed this.

-Lyn💜