April 8th

Notes: Thanks to Keegan for reading this book even though they know jack shit about persona. I'll keep this book (relatively) needle-free just for you.

"Joker, ah shit- Joker, watch out behind you." Oracle cautions over the earpiece. "The guards have been alerted and are rapidly approaching. You should get out before the police catch up to you." Joker hums back in response and takes a lockpick out of his pocket as he skids around the corner, tossing it lightly down the hallway. He ducks into a nearby supply closet just in time for the patrol pursuing him to turn on the hallway. "Look! he dropped something this way!" A guard calls to the others, presumably indicating the dropped lockpick. "He's this way!" They call, the sound of their boots receding down the hall. "All clear." Oracle signals, and Joker pops out of the supply closet and makes his way down the hall in the opposite direction.

Joker's footfalls are light on the studio's plush red carpeting. Tonight is the night of the Ritsu heist- The popular idol and her producers had plagiarized the works of much lesser-known artists, using their popularity to silence anyone who spoke up about it. Joker's task tonight was to get to Ritsu's producer's computer and collect evidence of plagiarism through their emails. Joker turns onto the next hall, noticing a door at the end of the hallway with a golden nameplate. If Mona's intel was correct, this is Ritsu's producer's office. Joker procures another lockpick from his pocket and slips it into the door lock, easily undoing the mechanism. He pushes open the door to the office with little care, as this area of the studio should be deserted; nobody knows that he's after the producer.

Of course, he was wrong. Standing in the middle of the room is Goro Nijima, with his gun pointed at the door and, by extention, Joker.

On the outside, Joker is calm. He is not panicking. His lips curl up into a sly smirk as his peircing eyes meet the detective's wide-with-fear ones. He takes a step forward, the detective steps back. An encounter so standard you could mistake it for a shoddily-written fanfiction.

On the inside, he is screaming. WHY IS THE DETECTIVE HERE? HE HAS A GUN?? NOBODY WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW I WAS COMING HERE SO HOW DOES HE- HE HAS GUN!! OH SHIT OH FUCK OH SHIT OH FUCK I'M GONNA GET SHOT-

In the midst of what's 5 seconds away from a panic attack, with a gun pointed to his head and no way out, Joker decides he has nothing left to lose, and does what he does best.

"Fancy meeting you here, detective. Come here often?"

A gunshot rings out.

Notes: 1. Why is Mona's intel still so good if he's human? Well. I'm guessing human Mona would be some sort of master-of-disguise.
2.I realised halfway through this that Futaba could easily extract something like a musician's emails remotely, but... We'll just gloss over that. My fic my rules.
3. This is half the length of chapter 1 and chapter 3 will probably be even shorter because my willpower is L O W