Chapter Two

After a relatively long, turbulent flight, Kaya finally made it to the big city. When she walked off the plane, she instantly noticed all the differences. The airport was huge, with thousands of people bustling by. Almost everything was electronic, even down to the janitors, which were tiny robots that roamed around looking for a mess to clean. Even the people looked different, they looked like the epitome of 'rich.' It took her a moment to gather the scene before her. After being deplaned, she walked toward the exit to where the bus that would be taking her to the school would be. As she walked she took out her phone to call her mom. As she waited for her mom to pick up, she checked the time. '12 am on the dot, that's efficient.' She thought before putting her phone back in her pocket. 'She's probably asleep anyway.' When she made it outside, it was very dark, but in the distance she could see all the skyscrapers. The lights were so bright she was sure the city could be seen from space. A bus was there waiting for her as expected. It was a grey coach bus, which said "Worcester Academy" on the side. She walked up to the door of the bus, and the bus driver opened it.

"Kaya Kane?" The man asked, with a warm smile. He was wearing a grey uniform with a grey hat.

"Yeah, that's me." Kaya replied as she walked up the stairs of the bus. The entire thing was empty, aside from a boy sitting in the left front row. Kaya decided to sit down in the front row as well, opposite from another boy who seemed to be picked up from the airport as well.

"You were the last person we were waiting for." The bus driver chirped, looking at Kaya through the rear view mirror. The bus then pulled off, leaving the terminal.

Kaya looked over at the boy who was sitting in the row opposite of hers.

"Hi, I'm Kaya." She said, and the boy looked over at her. He was wearing black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt, and he had a black suitcase by his feet. His eyes were a deep grey, and his straight hair was in a neat short style.

"I'm Hiro, nice to meet you." He replied, his seemingly cold eyes warming up. 'I wonder where he's from.' Kaya thought to herself, giving an awkward smile then turning to look through the window. They were headed straight for the heart of the city.

When they reached the school, about half an hour later, Kaya was in a deep sleep, dreaming about how the school could possibly look.

"We're here, sleeping beauty!" The bus driver joked, which brought Kaya out of her light sleep. She stood up and stretched her arms then looked out the window. The school was in the heart of the city. It was a skyscraper with the brightest lights she'd ever seen. It looked like if she went to the top of the school, she could have touched the moon. Hiro got up and walked off the bus first, and placed his suitcase down. He didn't seem as impressed. He then walked back onto the bus.

"Do you need help with that?" He asked, looking over to Kaya's purple suitcase.

"Oh, if you don't mind." She responded. This was new for her, because the boys from her school would usually walk off without a care in the world for whoever was behind them. Hiro picked up her suitcase and walked off the bus with it, and she followed behind him. Once they were off, the bus driver honked goodbye, then sped off.

The two students stood in front of the main entrance of the school, both a bit nervous.

"You first. I'm scared." Kaya joked, and Hiro smiled.

"What's the worst than can happen?" He assured. The motion sensor door opened, revealing a large foyer with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. A couple feet in front of them was the main desk, which had a pudgy white man with ginger curls fighting sleep. The inside looked like a giant modern mansion, only bigger. "Woah." Kaya exclaimed as she looked around.