Chapter One

I have no clue why they were trying to trick him into thinking it was still the 40s. All that was going to do was mess with his mind when he actually wakes up. I was opposed to it so much, but I couldn't control what Fury decided to do. One of the SHIELD agents is ready for whenever he wakes up so she can be his "nurse".

I watched everything that went on with the cameras they set up in the room. He was starting to stir. This was the moment we were waiting for. Captain America was waking up.

I could see Allison getting ready outside of the room they had created. I bit my lip, nervous about what was going to happen.

His eyes opened. Confusion covered his face and he sat up slowly. He sat there for a while until Allison came in.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Rogers?" She asked as she came in.

"This isn't right." He stated, his brows furrowing.

"What?" She looked puzzled.

Steve got up and looked out the window to see that the scene outside is just a picture in an empty lot. He glanced at Allison, then made a run for it to the door.

"Follow him!" My uncle, Phil Coulson, commanded, jumping to get him. A few other agents followed after him.

I stood up and jogged after them. I had to make sure that he was going to okay. I was going to have to introduce him into the new world as soon as he calmed down. I squinted as we came into the sunlight, seeing Steve with Fury. He had always had impeccable timing when it came to situations like this.

"Welcome to 2012, Steve." Fury said with his sarcastic smirk.

Steve's shoulders hung. "What?"

"You were 'asleep' for nearly 70 years."

Steve collapsed to his knees, his hands going to his hair.

"Come back into Headquarters and we'll help you sort this all out." Coulson offered.

~~

"Rogers, this is Aeryn Losselow, Agent Coulson's niece." Fury and Steve stood before me in the conference room where he had been watching Steve wake up. "You'll be staying with her until you finish training with SHIELD and you feel comfortable to be on your own."

Steve stuck out his hand. "Pleased to meet you, Miss Losselow."

I took his hand and shook it. "Oh please, call me Aeryn." I smiled. I never realized how attractive Steve was. Clean cut blonde hair, warm blue eyes, and an amazing physique, he was the image of perfection. I couldn't help but stare at him.

Fury cleared his throat, making my gaze snap to him. He gave me a look.

This was going to be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading this! I just love Captain America! I know this is really short, but don't worry, I'll make the chapters longer as we go. Please comment, rate, and all that jazz. Aeryn is on the right! Thanks once again!