A June Day

In June the air smells like fresh dew.
It rained for hours yesterday and it stopped just now at 3:00. I decide to go for a walk to the cafe down the road. My boots slap against the concrete as I pass people walking back from work. Another thing I haven't managed to do is find a job after I eventually turned down Anden's offer of being the princept elect. I felt bad turning down his offer but I didn't think it was the right job for me. I didn't like the stuck up people I had to work with and I wasn't ready for the stress that the job had. It's been almost 2 months and I haven't found a job. I had been living at my old apartment but I kept remembering Metias and many days I would cry myself to sleep because of how alone I was always. It had become a daily routine of mine to take walks down to the stream and back. The fresh air was good for my mind. I am thinking of moving soon, before I go completely insane.
I slowly sink into my bed. I can't help but remember Day, lying next to me. His warm touch on my skin. I feel so lonely in my big bed. My mind wonders to Metias. I start to feel suffocated. I get out of my bed and walk to the door. I pass by Metias's room and expect him to call out "where are you going Junebug?" When all I hear is the beating of my heart I burst into sobs. I run to the door and open it. The cold summer air refreshes my lungs, and I run. I run from this place with such good memories that are gone. I run away from my own loneliness looming over my head. My bare feet sink into the mud as I run to the middle of a field. I fall down sobbing. My white nightgown sinking into the mud on the ground. I lie there looking at the stars sobbing and shaking in the chilly air. Then I hear a very familiar voice. "Hey! Are you ok?" I sit up and stare at Day running toward me his long blonde hair flowing behind him. He reaches me and asks me again. "Are you ok?" He looked worried " I heard you crying and saw you running from my apartment." I was speechless and I think he saw in my eyes that he had interrupted my thinking. I lay back down and he lay beside me. We looked at the stars together. I heard his breath next to me and for once I didn't feel alone. He sighed and then said " I recognize you." My heart skipped a beat as I gazed into his deep blue eyes. " You do?" I asked. Then his eyes lit up. " Yes! I ran in to you yesterday on the street!" My heart sank to my stomach and I let out a small shuttering sob and he says " I am sorry. Did I upset you?" He moved closer to me. " I might have been wrong. Maybe you weren't the girl I saw on the street." I sobbed again " I have been having memory problems lately." He sighed again. We sat there in silence for what felt like hours. Then he stood up. He hesitates then bends down and kisses me on the fore head. Warmth soothes my body as he helps me up. He walks me to my door then says "June, right?" I nod then say "I hope to see you soon, Day." He smiled and walked away.