Chapter 11

The above image is Kunle *His eyes are alluring*

*MAYOWA'S POV*

I woke up early enough to do some exercise in the house gym, it's something I've gotten used to. I didn't forget that I'll be going to school today and honestly I'm not excited.

Cleaning my sweat dripping body with a towel, I could spot that annoying maid just staring at me as though she just saw an angel, I really need to talk to my father about the creep maid so he could send her packing to the village.

I walked pass her and went to my bedroom to shower and get ready for school, my phone began to ring, looking at the caller ID to see Kunle. He's like the only guy I love hanging out with, he's cool, gentle, sensible and smart. Only that were not in the same class, I'm a science and his in commercial.

"Hello Kunle" my shoulder supporting the phone to my ear while I brushed my teeth.

"Guy, are you coming to school today, I need a ride. I'm stuck on the road with my driver" I could sense the frustration in his voice.

Fuck!, he's on the road and I'm in the bathroom. "I know say you still dey brush teeth" Kunle said, as if he could read my thoughts.

"No worry, I go dey fast, give me like thirty minutes"

"Okay, abeg no make me late for school" hanging the phone. I quickly brushed and showered, putting my uniform on, my perfume and stuff. I was one of the guys that always rocked the uniform look, not to brag but thats what you get when you have my kind of body.

I made a quick glance at my huge mirror, grabbed my keys and ran down stairs.

"Your breakfast is ready small oga" one of the maids informed but I was too late to hang around for breakfast. I knew my father was still in his room snoring so I didn't bother to disturb.

I got into my car and the gate man opened the gate for me. Speed limit wasn't my problem, I was the head boy and me coming late wouldn't suit my reputation.

I immediately spotted Kunle's car, pulling over and gesturing him to come in. We did a little bro hug before I turned the engine back on.

"Howfa na"

"I dey oh, how school dey na.. gist me"

"Normal, haven't you been checking your messages, no info fit pass you na, with all the numerous girlfriends you have in school" Kunle laughed hitting my shoulder playfully.

Well, it was not funny and I haven't even read all my messages because they were too much. Speaking of girlfriends, I no get!!

"Kunle you of all people know that all the girls in that school are useless" the fact was that no single girl in Rosevelts High has ever caught my attention. The worst was Yemi Tope, her father and my dad are now friends and because of that, she's always all over me. My dad now fancies the girl, giving her permission to come visit anytime. I was really surprised when I did not see her break light in my house since I wasn't in school.

Kunle opened his phone, staring at a picture for a while. I got curious and peeped in, Dora??. Dora was a girl in my class, not so smart and just in the middle when it comes to beauty. Why would Kunle be staring at Dora's picture like his life depended on it.

"You like her?" I asked, he immediately turned his phone off and threw his blushing face to he window side, "So you like her"

"I don't know"

Which kin answer be that???, this na yes or no question.

"Bro it's normal if you like her, but I thought she's with that Kelvin guy?" I remembered they were dating, Kunle shouldn't be aiming for someone else's babe oh.

"They broke up" he responded dryly.

"Why?" not that I cared though.

"Kelvin was caught kissing Yemi"

I wasn't surprised because Yemi could lure anyone to her lips well except for me because that girl irritates me. "So why haven't you asked her out?" pulling into our school compound and parking in a convenient spot.

"I don't know" getting his bag and coming down for the car.

I turned off the car engine then took a huge breath before coming down. All eyes on me. All the girls and boys waving as I walked pass and me plastering a smile on my handsome face.

I got to my class and walked in, the whole class turning to me and noise everywhere. Within seconds I was gathered by a lot of students.

"Mayo welcome"

"Mayo I missed you"

"Mayo I sent you message but you didn't reply, I was worried"

"Why weren't you in school"

I just which I could freeze time so all their big mouth could keep shut.

"Order in the classroom" Mr Odeyemi announced making everyone find their way to their seats. Hell I'm I glad he entered. The man turned to me and a bright smile appeared on his face.

"My best student is finally back to school"

Making me smile in response. He walked round the class as usual, and stopped at Dora's desk. "You didn't do my chemistry test"

"Sir___"

"___You don't have score even if you whine from now till next year" adjusting his glasses and walking pass the dumb founded Dora.

"Today we would be working in the lab so everybody grab your lab coats and head to the lab" leaving the class expecting us to follow behind.

We grabbed our lab coats and went to the lab. I love practicals. When we were all complete in the lab, he locked the door as usual, late comers get punished after the class.

"You'll all be walking in pairs, I remembered I paired you all in my last class"

Wait, I wasn't in the last class and I don't have a pair. "Sir, I don't have a pair" with my hand raised up to notify him.

"Okay then, pair with Ebu" pointing to a girl. A girl I've never seen in my class before. She had brown skin that looked like chocolate, her eyes pretty and bold. She looked at me and made a little smile.

Isn't that the girl with the books???

"Hi I'm Ebu"

"Mayo" I responded casually. I know I said no girl caught my attention, then I guess I made that statement on the wrong day.

"I'm not going to teach the whole world today because I expect partners to study together and gather facts. So your next practical and study will be on hybridization of molecules. You'll present a summary of what you studied and we'll do the practical next class"

I just hope she's smart. I can't afford to do all the work alone. Mr Odeyemi turned and wrote 'hybridization' on the white board then turned to face us.

"Who can define this term"

There was silence in the class and as usual I save their ass, my mouth was already open to answer when someone beat me to it. Ebu.

"This is the concept of mixing orbitals into new hybrid orbitals with different energies, shapes and so on"

I bet no one was as shocked as I was. This girl is so damn gonna be getting my whole attention this term.

Smart and Pretty....

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Gimmie prove by clicking that empty star and leaving your comments.

If you like the book and want to be updated on each chapter, do well to follow

No chapter has been edited so your lightly to find crappy grammar.

Till next time people.

Peace out!!!