18 ( Not possible )

Slowly take a deep breath; don't make a sigh.
Slowly, the mystery will become crystal clear.
Slowly light will overshadow the dark, the way the songbird always finds its way home. - goodtidingss.

HAYAT POV

After our little banter with Raeesa, we arrived at Raeesa's house, mansion, or castle.

I don't even know what to call it, but the gate went open upon our arrival.

I stared at Raeesa, imagining what happened. It's automatic; it senses any closure around it, and it's work is to open, so it did.
Wow, did you just read my mind?

I already knew what you were going to ask; I just replied. Hmm, he murmured.

We kept on driving; it was still another journey before we arrived at the main building.

To be honest, I know she won't be able to read my mind this time; even without Raeesa, her house has already stolen my heart.

Dearest Hayat, don't let my house come between me and you.

What did you say, and how did you know what I was thinking of?

Well, you kept on gawking like a fish; how won't I know, then she patted my shoulder.

I turned off the engine and stepped out of the car with Raeesa doing the same; my parents too came out of their car.

Numerous people were waiting for us already. A single gentleman dressed in a black suit, giving out the no-nonsense attitude and wearing black glasses, which made it impossible to see his eyes, came forward without acknowledging any of us and stepped towards Raeesa and said.

Miss Raeesa, welcome back. She nodded her head towards him, then he turned towards us and made a gesture in a way of asking who we were. She told them we were her guests; that's when the guy finally acknowledged us and told us to come in, while I was just filled up with wonders.

We stepped in to the glamorous building decorated in golden color and numerous Jade-like structures. I don't know if it were original gold used, though it seems so, but Ya Allah, these people are highly loaded.

The place was filled with silence; a needle falling on the ground would cause a high amount of noise at this type of place, such a graveyard, I thought. We finally arrived at a place I would like to call the sitting room, if giving it my own definition, where we took our seat.

The owners will join you soon, the earlier man said and turned with the servants, leaving us alone. Wow, you got a marvelous place here. I most commented, I said, and both my parents agreed to it.

Thanks, but it's not mine, said Raeesa.

We sat down in silence as we all gave in to our various thoughts going and coming.

Soon enough, I had the sound of heels kissing the room, making a soft sound touching the ground, with the steps made.

It indicates two people are close to appearing.

Mr. and Mrs. Atiq finally blessed us with their presence; their faces appeared to show both sadness and happiness; if that's even possible, if I don't make sense, forget it.

My dad gave a handshake to Mr. Atiq, which Mr. Atiq quickly returned. While my mom and Mrs. Atiq (Sabiqa) greeted each other.

Mrs. Sabiqa went and hugged Raeesa while sharing tears of sadness and admitted that she missed her a lot.

I noticed Raeesa stood still like a statue during the exchange, although I feel there is a pretense behind all those gestures they're displaying to us, yet we all finally sat down.

Mr. Atiq thanks my dad for taking care of his daughter; he looks so remorseful that they were so ashamed that they couldn't even dare report a missing person and asked for forgiveness from Raeesa for all the things they did to her.

She didn't reply; she just stood still as if she knew something, but they were saying otherwise.

I don't know why she's like that or because of my feelings towards her, but we're just connected like that, and I felt a little strange at their behavior, just like her.

So my dad went on after the pleasantries and discussed the reason for our coming down here.

They seemed very pleased to hear the news, but they gave a condition to our marriage.

How dare they feel like they even have a say in our marriage? But I tried to calm myself down for both my parents and Raeesa.

That they'll like Raeesa to stay with them for now, then after the knot is tied we can go with her because they would like to make up for the lost time.

I gave them a look as if they'd grown two heads all of a sudden, but I was at ease knowing my mother would not allow it.

They went on about how they missed her a lot and would like to show her that they've really repented.

But to my surprise, mom wasn't the one to argue or deny. That's not possible!

The first word Raeesa uttered since her parents appeared. Our heads willingly turned towards her.

Not possible; what do they even mean? Let me help Raeesa let out her frustration 😅.😅 Don't forget to vote, share and comment. Love y'all, - goodtidingss ❤️❤️😍💜