19

Raeesa Pov

Excuse me, please, can I have a word with you, Raeesa? Hayat asked.

What happened? I asked as we were leaving the room.

Raeesa For God's sake, they're your parents; why will you say that? It's obvious they missed you.

I made a signal to Hayat that he should bring out his phone, then I typed something on mine and then sent it to him.

Hayat checked his phone and read out,
There are cameras everywhere.

This is crazy, Hayat thought, then continue reading it.

When mom hugged me, didn't you observe anything? She whispered to me that we have some catch-up to do. Don't you find that sentence alarming? I explain to him.

Catching up, how's that dangerous? That's something I would also tell my runaway daughter if she ever came back home.

Hayat thought it was nothing.

She'll say that, dear, you left for years, and she'd like to know your life. I don't see anything serious in that. Hayat replies to me and then leaves.

Sorry for what I said before; I announced to my parents while sitting down.

I hope our daughter agrees to stay with us, Mr. Atiq begs.

I don't think there should be a problem with that, Mr. Munir replied.

The wedding is on October 14, that's what we decided.
But you can change it, Hayat's dad (Mr. Munir) continued.

Oh, we have no problem with that, answered Mrs. Sabriya.

I just sat there feeling like a toy watching the exchange about my life.

I guess it's time for amusement, then my mom became overly joyful.

Obviously, why won't she? She got what she wanted.

After we had our stomachs filled up, then the Munirs took their leave; as usual, women would always be women, I thought.

The amount of emotion shed between Mrs. Munir and me is unbearable for Hayat already; his feelings are enough, and now our sight is just too overbearing for him.

Hayat kept quiet all through; perhaps he realized that he did sound a bit rude back then with me.

But I think it's because he's not enjoying this whole stay with my parents, but what can he do?

He needs to be the big person here and make everything seem normal.

Hayat turned his head away from us.

When all the pleasantries were exchanged. 

They gave me and Hayat alone space. Hayat didn't know when he quickly rushed to my side, with so much urge to hug me, but he held it in. I could see the struggle.

What I cannot deny is that I am now a part of his life, and he's a part of mine. I don't know how I'll make these coming days without seeing him.

I'll miss you a lot, dearest Hayat said.

I could feel my eyes gleaming, threatening the tears to come out.

Just as his, but he held it back.

I'll miss you more, but come on, what's September and October? It's very close; we'll meet again. I whispered with little courage, 

Wow, what a sudden turn of events, Hayat replied.

What! Hayat raised his eyebrow at me. I feel like someone wishing to quickly get rid of me when I'm the one that even convinced her to stay with her lovely parents, he argued.

Whatever, I muttered slowly.

Raeesa Please take care of yourself for me, and any slight discomfort you feel, don't ever withdraw it from me. I promise to bring the earth down if anybody dares to touch you for me.

We're just a phone call away, so let me know, please. I know these are your parents, but do tell me okay. Hayat kept on with his emotional talk.

Okay, Mr. Hayati, our parents are waiting; let's go. I dragged him away.

I kept wondering at the irony; I was the one holding him and dragging him now instead.

It's like I'm pushing him away. 

It's like you're driving me away, Hayat. Let out.

I only laughed without saying anything.

I don't want to leave; my heart feels heavy, he tried to explain.

We reached our parents's side, who were waiting for us. 

We thought you guys weren't coming out today, Mrs. Maryam joked, trying to make the situation light.

Hayat entered his car, as did his parents, then drove off.

Hayat Pov

As the journey back home took time, I kept on reminiscing; it was on this same road I met Raeesa.

I still remember that day when I met my girl. I was really angry because I hated to change my plans, but she made me do it.

That time I thought the girl was cunning, I swear. Little by little, getting to know her, I noticed she was nothing close to cunning, just a simple girl.

I knew my heart felt something towards her at first sight, but I didn't want to acknowledge it simply because she was somehow annoying at the beginning.

But right now I'm lost in her love; only God can save me.

We're getting married next month, I thought. I just can't wait to make her my wife. Such an innocent soul.

So we can complete each other.

- goodtidingss ❤️ 💜 🥰 🌷