𝓞𝓷𝓮

"Yoongi!"

"Sorry, Ma!"

Yoongi ran down the hall, trying to catch the stupid kid that stole his phone, suddenly he stopped at the faint pain on the back of his neck where there was a butterfly shaped birthmark.

His eyes scanned the area, finding the one who stole his phone sitting on the garden bench, waving the device in the air.

He smiled, slowly heading over.

11:24 am.

He sat down, grabbing his phone, "Took you long enough, Gguk."

The younger laughed playfully, "You're awake~"

Yoongi hummed, closing his eyes and waiting for the sound of some mess.

Soon he heard yells and angry shouts before his name was yelled in unison.

11:25 am.

He shrugged, there not being a long delay after he had the feeling, the male beside him leaning forward, eyes wide.

"I didn't mean to, Gguk," Yoongi hummed, "I just had a feeling the water heater was gonna explode when I walked past so I kept running."

"Bad luck charm, huh," Jeongguk sighed, crossing his arms, "Stupid curse is getting worse, more dangerous."

Right as the words were said, a small fire burned the plants behind them, Yoongi sighing as the flames grew, bending over his shoulder and almost looking at him like a puppy begging for praise.

"Down," Yoongi commanded, the fire moving to Jeongguk and poking at his face.

"Hyung get your pet off of me!" The younger squealed, crawling off the bench and onto the cement.

"It's not me! It's the stupid thing that came with the bad luck curse! It doesn't listen to me!" Yoongi whined, fanning the flame with his hand until it disappeared, leaving half of the previously beautiful garden in ashes.

-

Yoongi and his mother were silent as they ate, well more of because Jeongguk was talking non-stop because he was too awkward to share anything he found fascinating with anyone other than his foster parent and brother.

Yoongi looked up, lips parting as he saw the fire scaling the wall behind his mother, leaving black as it grew bigger.

"Uhm-"

Yoongi was shushed, his mother, Joohee, going to politely shut Jeongguk up after quieting her eldest so he could speak.

Yoongi motioned to the fire, Jeongguk sighing and hitting his head on the table with a loud smack while his mother shrugged, completely done with the fire that held more characteristics of a dog or human than someone would think.

Yoongi sighed, going back to eating lunch.  He may be cursed to ruin his family and everything they've done but the large kingdom loved him no less.  He was loved by almost everyone, claiming his curse is what made him who he is and that without that curse he wouldn't be the shy and cautious kid he was. 

People got mad when something bad happened because he was around but they always ended up playful about it, he was thankful everyone was so patient and loving towards him.

When growing up, it was only him and his mother, his father leaving when he found out of his son's curse, Joohee wasn't going to get pregnant again so she decided to care for a foster child so Yoongi wouldn't be alone and as of then, they were waiting for Jeongguk's birth certificate and papers that would state that Jeongguk was officially adopted by the Queen.

He too, was loved by everyone, despite not being direct bloodline.  He was still apart of the family.  The kingdom was quite small for a "kingdom" but still had a couple hundred. 

Yoongi settled with watching the flame with an unamused expression waiting for it to burn out, which it finally did, leaving the wall black and charred. 

He pushed his unfinished plate forward, feeling incredibly uneasy, his ears ringing.  It took a moment to understand why, but when he did, he grabbed Jeongguk's arm and tugged him away from his chair right as the chandelier above his seat snapped due to the previous flame weakening the chain.

He relaxed with Jeongguk safe, Joohee letting out a relieved sigh.  They were used to this, things falling apart, papers disappearing.  When Yoongi sleeps, his room has to be locked or things such as threatening emails will be sent to other kingdoms or money and valuable items will disappear.  Yoongi never awake to stop himself from doing it, and of he wakes up in the middle of the night, he is practically unable to control any part of himself except his thoughts which is why his room is locked and guarded at night.

He kissed Jeongguk's forehead gently, relieved he was okay and glad be reacted quick enough. 

The small family, no longer hungry, let their unfinished plates be taken to the kitchen to be cleaned and simply relaxed on the rest of their free day.