Chapter 2 - Somewhere In Between

She was raised traditionally, like how princesses were raised. Gentleness in her speech, a woman of every man's dreams

I was the opposite. I lived a wild lifestyle and spent a lot of my time with friends in alcohol and women. I was living the YOLO life.

Unbeknownst to both of us, the day we met each other was the day our world changed upside down. I stopped living a YOLO life since I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Her adventurous side sparked, looking for once in a lifetime experiences.

She always says, "We met somewhere in between".

And I realized this is our in-between.

A slight smile painted on my face as I recall my times with her.

*Flashback*

As I stepped inside the Young's Villa, I can't contain the anxiety I felt inside. Tonight, Amy will introduce me to her parents.

"Welcome, bro! Wishing you the best." Alfred welcomed me, handed me a glass of champagne.

"Thanks, bro!" I took the glass from his hands and give him a toast. I looked around and asked, "Where's she?"

"She'll be here in a minute or so," Alfred replied.

I observed around the flock of nobles dressed sophistically. I felt a burn inside my throat as I gulp a liquid from the glass I'm holding. I feel out of place.

"There you are, darling!" A familiar voice softly rang in my ears as her hands enveloped my arms.

"I'm sorry for being late." She whispered apologetically. She wore a simple old rose off-shoulder dress and her hair tied up in a bun. She looks like a princess – my Princess.

"What's with that look?" She snapped me out of my daze and flashed an alluring smile that made my heart go wild.

"You're pretty," I whispered in her ear.

"Aren't I always?" She chuckled.

Alas, with her with me, I'm no longer out of place. I found solace from the anxieties I felt earlier. She introduced me to her cousins, her aunts, and uncles.

"Mom!" she called Mrs. Young cheerily, however it caught the attention of people around her.

"Manners, Amy, manners." Mr. and Mrs. Young approached our direction.

"I apologize, mother, father." She bowed her head slightly to her parents. So formal? I thought.

"And who is this young man, my dear?" Mrs. Young asked and looked towards me.

"May I introduce myself, ma'am. My name is Troy Song. Amy and I were classmates at Berkeley."

"Oh." Mrs. Young responded with a slight tone of displeasure. I anticipated this scene; I was prepared for any form of rejection coming from her parents knowing that we both have a different upbringing.

She then looked at Amy and Amy immediately let go of my hand. They moved to a corner, a little far away from where I won't be able to hear what they're talking about. Left together with Mr. Young.

"Don't mind them, son." My eyes glanced at Mr. Young to see his expression. He was calm yet cold. Any child would look at him with admiration of having a father. Amy is very close to her dad as she was close to Alfred.

I mustered all my courage and straightforwardly told her Dad.

"Sir, I believe you're well aware of our relationship. I have clear intentions with your daughter, sir. I hope that you'll allow me to prove myself for your daughter."