MCD - Endgame

Type: Fluff

Timeline: Post-S3

Synopsis: After Aphmau locates the other descendants of the Divine Warriors and unites them with their relics, it was time for the second coming of Irene the Matron against Shad the Destroyer. Laurance was captured after a raiding party and was taken under Shad's control. The final clash begins.

Note: As of writing this, Diaries is still in an indefinite hiatus and not undergoing any retcons or revisions. This is purely a headcanon of what I think happens after a timeskip, this also makes mention of modified plot points in Diaries Rebirth.

This story is also a really lengthy read but I promise there's fluff in there.

Word Count: 2915

-------------------------------------------------

Garroth's POV

The war has begun. Aphmau and I set the troops out in the battlefield against Shad's armada. Aphmau noticed that Shad seemed off. Instead of fighting alongside his warriors or facing her one on one, he chooses to fall back and watch the carnage.

Our plan is simple, but I hope it will be enough. We corner Shad at a vantage point above the ruins of the ancient temple at the Phoenix Alliance island, Aphmau uses her powers to teleport us to the Irene Dimension and destroy the pillars and unite the Divine Warriors and finish him off with Irene's magic uniting ours.

There was just one small problem. We haven't found a person suitable to wield Kul'zak' the Wanderer's relic. For the plan to work, we need all five Warriors. We have one week before Shad uses his 'superweapon'. Vylad managed to extract information from the Shadow Knights who were compromised by Shad when he executed Gene.

(Flashback)

Aphmau, Katelyn and I walked by the old ruins of the temple, where we set up our plan. "Alright, Emmalyn said this place might hold the answers to what we are looking for." Aphmau begins.

"Are you sure Aph? Last time we were here, the only interesting stuff you found was an old mural with text we can't read and a bunch of holes that Laurance fell in." Katelyn replies.

Laurance. His name clicked in my head often. He was my brother-in-arms and my closest friend. "That's where you're missing something, Katelyn." Aph said, all chipper as always. I envy how she maintains her upbeat personality when were literally about to declare war. Katelyn and I just gave her confused looks and she pulled out her relic. "Hold my hand." We held our hands in a circle and symbols appeared all over Aphmau's body, resembling the ones we saw when we first found her in the forest. She teleports us into a huge cathedral with her powers.

"Hyria had stated that the ruins back at the island is connected to the Irene Dimension somehow. So, I brought us here."

I flinched a little, remember what occured the last time I was in there. Katelyn as well, knowing the whole time-skip consequence when we overstay our welcome.

"Don't worry, we aren't actually physically here, our bodies are still at the island, think of it like astral projection." She reassured me.

"Alright, we should split up to cover more ground. If you find something, use the communicators Hyria gave us." Aphmau said.

I walked over to the spot where Zane and I clashed, where I was fighting to see my friends, to see Aphmau again. Katelyn placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring expression knowing what I've been through.