* FLASHBACK *

*FLASHBACK THREE YEARS*

"You can't seriously expect me to stay here and keep living like this!" I shoved past him, walking to the bathroom and dragging the last of my toiletries into my bag and went back to the bedroom.

"Maxxy come on-"

"DON'T FUCKING 'MAXXY' ME! YOU BASTARD!"

"Max. Stop." He grabbed my elbow pulling me into him.

"Let. Me. Go... NOW Collin."

He released his grip, stepping back.

"Why are you doing this?"

I stopped packing and turned to face him.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You are CRAZY Collin! I can't stand your shit anymore! You don't love me-"

"That's bullshit! You know I love you! All I ever do is prove my love for you."

"BULLSHIT! You are obsessed! That isn't love."

He looked at me through pained eyes, then moved out of my way. I moved around the room, filling bags with anything and everything that would remind him of me.

I picked up the bags and walked out of the room, heading towards the front door.

I lifted my keys of the hook and took a shakey breath.

"Max." His voice was low and quiet. I turned slowly, each movement hesitant and guarded.

"If I can't have you noone can." This scared me to my core, I don't doubt that, but I didn't show it. I lifted my gaze to his.

"Get help Collin." I stepped past the threshold, my life packed away in the bags I carried.

"Max,"

I paused momentarily, then walked quickly to my car.

"I love you Max."

I froze; one foot on the floor of my car, one on the concrete driveway, keys in one hand and the car door firmly heldin the other. I took another shakey breath, ready to get the fuck away from here.

"I don't, love, you."

With that, I left. Never looking back. At 22 I was running away from my life, ready - no, desperate - to start over. To leave this behind. To leave HIM behind.

I drove my car to an old acquaintances and sold him it. He knew this was possibly going to happen, he knew one day I would leave Collin.

I hailed a cab, dragging my bags with me and drove to the airport. My acquaintance had given me a larger bag that I then neatly packed my necessary belongings into. Once my shit was sorted out I arrived at the airport, bought my ticket, and left for America.

I left for my new life.

And I was NEVER, looking back.