44| friends at last

I woke up the next morning alone.

If this had been any other person, I would think that they had done a runner but I knew with Dorran, that everything was different.

Last night had definitely confirmed that. It was everything I had been expecting and more. I had never felt more loved.

I checked my phone and saw that I had a text message from him.

Dorran:
Archer needed me. I'll be back soon.

I smirked at his short message. I loved how he was straight to the point, no bullshit required.

I check my phone again and saw that I had a message from Lennox too.

Lennox;
Meet me at Riverside Park in 30 please :)

The message had been sent a while ago, leaving me with only 10 minutes to get there.

Lennox was a bossy person but that text made it seem more urgent than most. The please made me worry.

I got up and dressed quickly and left the house with five minutes to go.

Just as I was about to get in one of my father's cars in the garage, Zane appeared out of nowhere, startling me.

I was about to say something when he started first.

"Your father has me on strict orders to drive you wherever you need to go," he said with little emotion in his eyes.

In the light of the garage and the close proximity, I was able to properly look at him, at my stalker, for the first time.

Dark eyes, dark clothes and his signature hood.

It was as if he was still so adamant of lurking in the shadows that he had almost become one.

"Aren't you a bodyguard, not a chauffeur," I asked, still weirded out that I was having a conversation with a man that had been following me for so long.

At my question of sorts, he looked down and the faintest smile appeared on his lips and I almost took a step back.

I had never seen even a glimpse of emotion on his face and it was so startling to see it now.

He looked so beautiful, so mysteriously beautiful that he appeared to be a different man.

"Your father is still worried about you and so I have to be doing the chauffeuring and the bodyguarding for a little while more."

He had an accent, a tilt to his words although I could not place where they were from, providing him with such a lulling tone.

I immediately eased at his words, despite the fact that my father was being overbearing and pushy.

If he knew about last night, I don't think I'd hear the last of it.

With a check of my phone, I realised that I was going to be late for Lennox so I realised that there was no point fighting this. I could argue with my dad on this another time.

We jumped into the car and he immediately drove out of the garage with ease.

"Where to?" He murmured and I told him where Lennox was.

The whole drive was quiet but when we were almost there, I decided to say something to him.

"Thank you," I said sincerely to him out of the blue.