𝟎𝟎𝟎. 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡

left hand free ──── alt-j

ᯓ★ 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝖨 𝖥𝖨𝖱𝖲𝖳 𝖥𝖤𝖫𝖫 𝖨𝖭 𝖫𝖮𝖵𝖤 𝖶𝖨𝖳𝖧 𝖩𝖩 𝖬𝖠𝖸𝖡𝖠𝖭𝖪 𝖶𝖧𝖤𝖭 𝖨 𝖶𝖠𝖲 𝖤𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳 𝖸𝖤𝖠𝖱𝖲 𝖮𝖫𝖣.

I fell in love with him when he would tug on my pigtails in the playground. I've heard that boys tug on a girl's hair when they like them, and that fact always made me feel warm and needed inside. Does he like me? Does he love me in the same way that I love him?

I fell in love with him again when I was ten, and he gifted me the sun── not the real sun, but his gift still shone in a way that the sunshine did. What he gifted me was a shiny yellow bracelet with a sun charm dangling from it that I still have to this day, and I still have it tightened around my wrist, carrying it as a friendly reminder that I love my best friend. Two days after he gifted me that bracelet, I made him a blue friendship bracelet which he also still wears to this day.

I fell in love with him all over again when I was thirteen, and he kissed me in front of everyone to show that I, just like all the other girls our class, was pretty and deserving of a kiss too.

I fell in love with him once again when I was sixteen, and he sat alongside me, chucking M&Ms in the air, and catching them in his mouth.

It's safe to say that, after eight years of being friends, I still have the same love for JJ now that I had when I was a glasses-wearing, pigtail-pulling, dorky eight-year-old girl. I still gaze at him like he's the whole world, even when he does something ridiculous and stupid.

Hi, my name is Brooklyn Routledge, and I'm hopelessly, and ridiculously in love with my best friend of eight years.

I haven't told him. I don't know if I will tell him.

But let's move past that fact for now, and focus on something else. I'll let my brother do his monologue── the monologue you all know and love . . .

❝𝐖𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄, 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄❞