Untitled Meddison Story

Author's Note:

This is the only thing that I've written in the past few days, it's been busy!

This is a Tumblr Imagines, written originally there based on a prompt.

See the original with more typos here: post/622737970675449856/quotes-of-greys-anatomydr-meredith-grey-hey

This will also be unceremoniously my 100th fic on Ao3.

I considered not posting this because it's not really something all that existentially good or whatever and it's heavily inspired by a better story with a similar (okay, the same!?) plot called MerAdd for Izzie (aka my wife) :3 "Do you know why I left Seattle?" by agentrosetyler-archive that you can read here on Tumblr: post/8330468896/meradd-for-izzie-aka-my-wife-3

So with that in mind, welcome to Untitled Meddison Story by bobbiejelly, because the original had no name so I guess this one doesn't get one either.

It was going to be called "Tumblr Imagines: MerAdd".

It's probably not better either way. Idk. I'm posting this as my 100th archive story to show other readers/writers that sometimes it's okay to post things that are less 'great' than you're other stuff even for a 'milestone'. Everything can't be a masterpiece! And that's all ok!

Oops.

bobbiejelly

Untitled Meddison Story

This is set during the end of "Piece Of My Heart", GA-S4-E13, where Meredith Grey asks Addison Montgomery "Hey, you're leaving already?" And it follows canon script until after the first line. And then it's all the femslashy non-wholesomeness that we probably came here for :).

Dr. Meredith Grey: Hey, you're leaving already?

Dr. Addison Montgomery: I have a plane to catch... I walk on the beach now, I buy Aromatherapy candles, I'm very zen, but I want to kick your ass so badly right now it is killing me.

Dr. Meredith Grey: Excuse me?

Dr. Addison Montgomery: I'm talking about Derek. Derek Christopher Shepherd. Are you letting him get away? Because I swear to God, Meredith. If you let him ride off into the sunset with that doe-eyed little thing...

Dr. Addison Montgomery: ... Then it'll suck. Because you deserve to have him if you want him. I mean he loves you and all. He loved me once but now he loves you even though he's with Rose and I've given up. He's not my McDreamy and maybe he never was because of like, Mark or whatever. But also it'll suck either way because I'm leaving again. I left Seattle because... Well, because of you. But you knew that. But not for the reason you might think. Actually because I- Actually, never mind, Meredith. You don't need me anymore. Not that you ever did in the first place. Have a nice life. Go, do, live, love, everything, and anything your heart desires. I owe you that at the very least...

Dr. Meredith Grey: Hey, but you're leaving ALREADY?!

Dr. Addison Montgomery: Yeah, why?

Dr. Meredith Grey: Oh.

Dr. Addison Montgomery: Why?

Dr. Meredith Grey: You don't have to y'know. Leave. For me. You could stay for me.

Dr. Addison Montgomery: WHAT!? You want to stay for you- what? To make Derek jealous so he'll get back with you even if you're not ready for his McHouse or his McBabies or to be his McWife? Look, Meredith, I've already double-wing-wo-manned you today with my own ex-husband, there's a limit that I can do this stuff because. Being around you is... I'm all Zen and Ghandi now. I live in LA. And I love it. And I try not to miss it. And I know I said I had to come back to know why I had to leave and I still do so Meredith please don't make this harder than it already is.