everything i wanted

Watching from across the cramped space of Dr. Cerberus's Halloween diner, Sabrina Spellman held her milkshake close to her chest, cold droplets of water coating her palm and her unoccupied fingers pinching the red and white straw. She had her eyes fixed solely on the only boy she showed any interest in, the only boy who had shown her any compassion outside of Harvey and Theo. Caliban. She knew that from someone else's point of view, she probably looked as if she were on the brink of shooting fire from her intense gaze. Hell, who knew what Sabrina would do. The blonde drew in a deep, cooling breath of the stuff air surrounding her, attempting to calm her overthinking nerves. Watching him like that, so smiley and casual, it felt like someone was oh so slowly driving a knife into her heart, twisting the blade every time Caliban smiled at this other girl. Sabrina knew he wasn't hers to be jealous over, wasn't hers at all, but seeing him so easily flirtatious and calm around someone that wasn't her gave her subconscious reason to tell her how replaceable she really was.

Sabrina didn't like being second, or anything other than number one. Not like this. Not to him. She let out the breath of air and felt her shoulders droop. As if suddenly snapped back into reality, she realized how crowded and uncomfortably tight the diner was, nearly spilling over with customers. It was Halloween weekend, so of course everyone wanted to get their fill of spooky decorations and taste Hilda's newly added seasonal milkshake with gummy spiders sprinkling the whipped cream on top. The witch swallowed down her uneasiness and scanned the faces around her like a hawk, trying not to focus on Caliban, trying to spot her friends. She could hear Theo arguing over some controversial topic, darting her head in the direction and following the sound like a shark smelling blood.

Sabrina smiled, actually relieved and somewhat at ease, once she finally found her four favorite people sitting crammed and cheerful around a booth. The blonde perhaps rudely pushed through happy crowds of families and friends, harshly shoving passed chattering girls and angrily trying to reach the booth without having to spell everyone away from her. She nearly punched the boy who's hand had gripped her arm gently without realizing who it belonged to. Sabrina then regained her control and shrugged off the tenseness.

"Caliban. Sorry." She tried not to focus on the warm hold his hand had on her, tried not to let her eyes wonder down to his grinning mouth, tried to stay headstrong and remind herself that she is the literal Queen of Hell, not some weak schoolgirl. She really shouldn't be so easily wooed by one man. Caliban let go of her arm now that they were standing practically six inches apart. Sabrina almost frowned, almost.

"Hey, Princess. Why so tense?" He joked, his smile graciously warming his cheeks. Sabrina felt her body relax.

"I don't really like being this social. Too overwhelming, you know?" She explained, her voice even and some kind of sarcastic. Truth is she always did fine in swarming audiences of strangers, but not so fine with him talking to someone else in the midst of them. She took a sip from her milkshake and studied his face for reasons that she may not be able to if he decides that their arrangement should come to an end. Caliban sighs and looks around, nodding.

"Well, we could go somewhere more private... Like your bedroom, maybe?" He suggests. When his eyes come back to hers, Sabrina feels herself gaping up at him, straw still in her mouth and all. Sweet Satan, why couldn't she control herself?

She cleared her throat and took the straw out of her mouth, licking her lips of all the excess chocolate milkshake. Caliban's eyes followed her tongue. This was getting awfully intense. Sabrina shifted from foot to foot, trying not to show how much he affected her, but most definitely failing already. He smiled cockily.