Chapter 2

Asherah lay on her bed, having bathed a bit earlier that day.  Her room was nothing fancy.  Walls painted a light aqua green, white lace curtains, a twin-sized bed, birch vanity, desk and small bookshelf, it was all simple.  Yes the room did have an aquatic feel to it, but Asherah liked it.  She could enjoy the ocean without the people bullying her.

She heard the front door open, signifying her father's return from work.  Turning on her right, she laid her eyes on the many books placed upon its wooden shelves.  Which one should she read?  Getting up, she chose 'The Library Of Legends'  She only read up to the third chapter when her mother called out to her, saying that dinner was ready.

In the dinning room, a comfortable silence settled in.  Soon it was broken by her father.  He'd asked how school was, hoping for a different answer.  But he was disappointed when his daughter said, "Same old, same old."

He despised not being able to stop the hatred.

Asherah finished eating quickly, as to not be asked anymore questions.  Heading back to her room, she could of sworn she saw an unusual figure outside moving.  Shrugging it off as one of the bullies, she went back to reading her book.  But she couldn't focus.  Her mind was on the forest. 

For all her life, It's leaves always stayed mahogany, disobeying the rules of Autumn and Winter.  Nothing seemed to affect to forest.  And, wait, why couldn't she think of something else?

Well, it was rumored that The Forest Calls out to people.  It was named 'The Calling'  Creative, right?

It was one of the only things people were able to decipher from the man's journal.  Remembering this, Asherah hoped that The Forest wasn't Calling out to her.  Not much was said about The Calling, other than the fact that it would get increasingly harder to ignore.  Scientists wondered if it would drive you to the point of insanity if you ignored it.

Asherah wondered if the forest started calling out to her from a while back.  So, was the rustling of leaves she heard a coincidence? Or was it the sign of something more sinister, more deadly?