chapter 14 ✦ back again

Branches crunched under my shoes as I wandered around the jungle, looking for Pan's camp. I reminisce the moments of when I used to watch the fireflies that flew around these paths. I smiled at that thought. I peered through the thick brush and trees to only see a little tiny light shining it's way in this dark jungle. I pushed back a big leaf that was in my way and lifted it over my head. I let it fall, still keeping my eyes on the light. Branches broke in the distance and I ducked. I was here. Pan's camp. I concealed myself behind a tree and pressed my body as tight as I could to the wood. I peeked out to see the boys dancing around the fire with Pan in the middle and he sat on a log, examining them as they jumped up and down with sticks in their hands to use as instruments. Others played the drums. What are they celebrating? My eyes locked onto a small body that was sat a few feet from the group. Henry. He had his back facing the group. I looked at Pan again and saw him staring at Henry. He looked around the group and got up, walking over to Henry. He sat on the log, which was across from Henry. I crept closer to get a closer look.

"Neverland used to be a place where new dreams were born. You can bring that magic back, Henry." Pan pressed as he explained something to Henry. "And we can be your family." Pan gave Henry a smile and Henry had the same sad expression on his face.

"How about a song to get you on your feet?" Pan stood up, along with Henry. "A song for our guest of honor!" He put his hand on Henry's shoulder. "Henry." Pan put his lips to his flute and started to play. The music was enchanting and I couldn't get it out of my head. It echoed in my ears and I was completely memorized by it. I moved forward, wanting to join the celebration. I shook my head from that idea and stepped back. Pan stopped playing and smiled at Henry. Henry started to jump and dance with the boys. "You can hear the music now. Can't you Henry?"

"Yeah!" Henry interjected, continuing to dance. Pan smirked and watched Henry enjoy himself. Suddenly, a branch cracked behind me and I whipped my head around to see Felix. I stood and was about to run but before I could, a pain struck the back of my head and I fell to the ground. I lazily looked up at Felix. Pan appeared above me and smirked.

"Welcome back, Riley." He greeted before everything became black.

****

I opened my eyes and my vision was unclear. I focused on the bed in the location I was at. I turned my head and saw Pan crouching down next to me. I jumped back in shock and he chuckled. His green eyes sparkled at me with the darkness hidden in them.

"Hello Riley." He greeted, trying to act sweet.

"Where am I?" I ignored him. He stood up and now was above me again. I tried to move my arm but was stopped. I looked over to where it was and it was cuffed to his desk. I waved my hand over it but nothing. On my other arm was a leather cuff. No magic.

"My tent." He said and sat down on his bed.

"I'm gonna get out of here and you will fail." I threatened and lower my eyes into a glare.

"Riley, I thought I taught you better." He laughed, evilly. "Peter Pan Never Fails.