Chapter 16: Ninja by Night

Richie decided to stay at Alexa's for the week. Her parents had called saying they ran into a few friends from high school and planned on staying a little while longer. So, she pulled out a few board games and snacks, and threw her own little party. Stanley had called her saying he was, in fact, grounded for three days, so he couldn't show.

It was almost seven, and Richie and Alexa were watching 'Happy Days' and eating popcorn. "I saw Eddie today," Richie says suddenly.

"You did?"

"Yeah, we went to the quarry," Richie said nonchalantly.

Alexa nearly threw the bowl of popcorn. "You what?!"

Richie looked at her like she was crazy. "We went to the quarry?"

"Oh, my god! That's basically a date," she squealed.

Richie shook his head and smiled. "It wasn't a date, Alexa." He laughed.

"I don't care. Tell me everything," she demanded.

"Alright." Richie gabbed the remote and paused the tv. He sat sideways on the couch, facing her. "If you must know. I called him this morning and asked him if he wanted to hang out. He said he wasn't allowed to leave the house unless it was an emergency. So, he told his mom he needed to help his friend with a summer school project and she BOUGHT IT!." Richie yelled. "What an idiot. Oh, my god. Anyways, we met up at the park and walked to the quarry and just... talked."

"You just... you just talked?" Alexa blinked at him. "Thats it?"

Richie gawked at her. "What do you mean, 'that's it?' I talked to him, knowing I like him. That takes balls!"

"I was expecting hand holding or something!"

"I don't even know if he's gay!... He knows, Alexa," he said. "I told him."

"Oh. Well, how'd it go?" she asked, bouncing her leg, impatiently.

Richie smiled. "Surprisingly well."

"Good for you, Rich." She smiled. "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks-" *ding-dong*

Alexa's eyes widened. "I'm not getting it."

"Wha-you live here," Richie whisper yelled.

"It's almost curfew," Alexa argued.

"Alright, fine!" Richie threw his hands up. "But if I die, it's on you." Alexa waited anxiously for him to return. "Alexa, you have a visitor," Richie yelled. He walked back into the living room. Behind him, stood Stanley. He was wearing a black zip-up hoodie and sweatpants, completely different than his usual attire.

"Stan? What are you doing here?" Alexa asked, shocked.

"Yeah, Stan," Richie teased. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you I'd see you later. I didn't think it would be fair not to." He glanced at the snacks and games, then at Richie. "I wouldn't have come if I knew I was intruding."

"You're not intruding." Richie threw his arm around Stans shoulders. "You're starting the party."

"Yeah, Stan. Come on in." Alexa gestured to the couch. "I thought you were grounded."

Stanley looked up at her from the couch. "Oh, I am. I escaped."

"Stanley Uris, you rebel," she punched his shoulder. "How'd you do it?"

"Like a ninja." He smirked. Stanley glanced between the two of them. "Are you sure I'm not intruding?"

"Don't worry, Staniel." Richie smirked at Alexa. "She's not my type."