Runaway

I'm gonna die.. I'm gonna get bit and die.. Or he's gonna come for me. I shouldn't have left.. shit shit shit!

Is all I could think.

"He's gonna try to find you, but you won't let him Kid. You are stronger than that and you will make it" Merle's words kept replaying in my head.

Merle was like my best friend. I know it's weird cause I'm 15 and he's like 100 but he found me and took care of me while I was in Woodbury.

He's the reason I got out, he told me that it wasn't safe anymore. No matter how much I didn't wanna believe it, I know he was right.

Merle helped me get away 2 hours ago, it's dark, cold, and I've been nonstop running from these walkers this whole time.

"You'll do great, I know you will. I'll see you again some day Kid, I know I will. Now go before my eyes start sweating." Merle's words danced through my head as I ran.

"The trees, if you get exhausted then get in a tree to sleep. He won't find you unless he's looking up and walkers won't get to you." Merle's advice is actually coming in handy.

I stopped to look back at how close the walkers were and I came to the conclusion that I had enough time to climb a tree for the night.

~

"Hey Blondie, you plan on hanging out up here all day?"

I opened my eyes to be faced with a boy in a sheriffs hat.

"Uh, who are you?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that, given that you're right outside my prison." he scuffed.

"The prison, you live there?" That place was overrun Merle said.

"Yeah, now, who are you?" He asked.

"The names.. Abby." I shrugged, I'm not telling a stranger my name, "Now you."

"No it's not." he laughed.

"What? My names Abby-"

"You hesitated then you smiled when you said Abby so you thought about it then you smiled because you were able to come up with a name." he rolled his eyes.

"Well tell me your name then I'll tell you mine." I smirked.

"I'm Carl." he said confidently.

"Well Carl, I'm Sadie." I hopped down from the tree then he followed but he climbed down instead of jumping down.

"So are you gonna tell me what you were doing up there?" Carl put his hands on his hips.

"I was.. resting." God I'm a horrible liar...

"What are you doing Merle?" A man asked.

Right now I'm hiding inside the car I fell asleep in hoping these guys don't see me.

"I thought I heard something." another man snapped.

I tried to get down lower as he moved near the car but I cut my hip on a loose spring in the seat and yelped.

A man opened the door and held a knife up ready to slash at me.

I scooted back and held my hip tightly.

"Just kill it and let's go!" A man groaned.

"She's a girl, we are bringing her back." the man in front of me said, "What's your name Kid?"

"Uh, Gabrielle." I shrugged.

"You're not good at lying, huh?" He chuckled then held his hand out.

"Governors not gonna like this." a man said annoyed.

"Shut the hell up!" The man In Front of me snapped, "I'm Merle."

I nodded and climbed out. The man looked at me hip, "Are you bit?"

I shook my head no, "Cut."

He nodded then started walking, "M-my names Sadie."

"I was tired and walkers were chasing me." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Well go on before my dad sees you." he grumbled.

"Whatever." I waved then I started walking away from his precious prison.

Stupid kid, he couldn't have cleared the prison. It's impossible...