Only one

I have become a monster. It’s because of them. Or, because of me. I wrote here the biggest, most violent mistake I have done.

            Before what happened, I had 7 friends. We were all fine. Young, happy, and well. Until one thing that made me mad. Also, I am different from them. I can shout as loud as the time a glass breaks or cracks I always limit my voice volume. I could bleed a person’s ears with my voice. But this is not the thing that makes me a monster.

            A week before an event, I was wondering who would go to the place where we would celebrate. So I asked one of my friends. He said, “We’re not going. Only you.” Then I asked another, “We are going except for 3 of our friends.” I asked another, “Only you will go to the celebration.” Their answers made my mind spin and hurt.

            1:30pm, the next day, we were doing an experiment in biology class. My mind was not focusing well on the experiment. I was still thinking about my friend’s answers to my question yesterday. Which one was true? I couldn’t stand thinking it all day. So, I asked the question to them again. “Is any one of you going to the celebration?” One of my friends answered for them, “Nobody but you.” Then I said, “Okay, I won’t be going then.” I mind on the experiment after that. Then the one who answered my question interrupted me. “You would’ve been a loner if you didn’t decide on not going.” Then beside him, “Yeah. Anyways, the place is far from our homes.” All I replied was, “Okay.” with a serious tone.

            Minutes later while experimenting, my friend who answered my question said to me, “Look, the two of us were kidding on the not going to the celebration. We just want to make a joke. Of course, they’ll go except for three of us for our reasons.” My mind was, “What? You guys made fun of me?”  Then I banged my head on the table. My friends were busy talking to each other. So I banged my head again. The one who answered questioned me, “Why you’re banging your head on the table? C’mon, it’s just a joke. You were just like…. going with the flow.” I said, “You made me think I am very stupid. You made my mind hurt so badly. That is why I’m banging my head so the pain would let me not think about what you guys did.” I banged my head again on the table, and stayed still. My eyes were closed. Tears were forming. And involuntarily, or should I say unintentionally, I threw my sling bag to them. Not sure if one of them was hit from the bag. My eyes were shut tight so the tears would not flow out. Then my body moves unbalanced, like a drunken man. My mind felt like bursting that my mouth suddenly screams. I heard glasses on the windows, storage areas, and laboratory apparatuses breaking. I felt the room shook. As I stopped screaming, I opened my eyes. They were still filled with tears as I wiped it. As I see the room clearly, I saw them covering their ears. As they took their hands off, an amount of blood was present on the palm on of their hands. My ears had blood too. Then our teacher, who went to the office to get his laptop, came to the room, running, and panting. As he gained his breath he asked, “What the heck happened here?” He pointed to the dust of glasses and cement around the room. My friends looked at me, with words on their eyes, “What are you? What have you done? Stay away from us, you monster!” Their eyes were puncturing on my mind with pain, fear, anger, and hatred. I ran away from then, out of the room, out of the halls, out of schools, out of the streets. I ran while looking for a place to hide. I can’t go home to my mother. For sure the school and police will find me there. So I found the woods. I hid in there until night comes. I planned to go back home to get some stuff.

            I reached my house, my mother suddenly stood up from the chair in the living room with fear in her eyes. “What did you do? Where have you been?” she said. “The school called and the police came in our house searching for you. They said you destroyed a room in school and injured 7 students.” That’s a lie. I damaged the room, not destroyed it. My friends bleed in the ears, but no very severe injuries. “They made ma angry, and I…” I said. “You what?” she said. “I screamed very loud that I didn’t notice.”