1

I slumped my lunch tray down and groaned; Wednesdays.

Sitting down in between my closest friends Mark, Luke, Bryony and Cindy I then sighed dramatically.

"Double Maths is over Alex, you're safe now," Luke waved a hand infront of my dead expressionless face.

I scowled in frustration.

I am so going back in time and zipping the mouths of all those mathematicians shut.

Why couldn't the smart big-mouths keep their discoveries to themselves?

"Yeah, but we have double tech next." Cindy sighed, patting me on the shoulder as I nodded glumly.

My teacher hated me because I always finished her work too quickly.

"So, anything new?" Mark asked, changing the subject.

Oh yeah. My ears suddenly perked up as did my attitude.

"Actually yeah. You know how we were cleaning the attic? Well I found this photo albu." I pulled out a deep emerald book from my backpack, "It's from my great grandma, the one who gave me green eyes."

"Cool! Have you opened it?" Bryony asked.

I shook my head "Nah I didn't know if I was meant to have found it...it looked kind of hidden on purpose."

When I found it, the book had been purposefuly wedged between two boxes in the corner of the attic.

The others crowded around me as I opened up the album:

The girl in the photo was wearing a bronzy elegant dress, she had black wavy hair and amazing green eyes. She was gorgeous. The guy next to her was seriously cute. He had a cheeky grin, adorable brown eyes and hair. He was staring adoringly at the girl.

I think they were the epitome of 'goals'.

"The Spring Fling," Luke read over my shoulder.

"Riley and Aidan, cute couple." Cindy the 'matchmaker' observed.

"Hey, what's that sticking out?" I asked in distraction, pulling an old looking paper out from the back.

"The Royal Family Tree Of Granada," Mark read off my shoulder, "Wait Jane Daniel's, whoever that was, name is on it but after that it's faded..."

I snapped the book shut as I heard loud annoying giggles, "My place after school? I don't feel comfortable with everyone here," I said, glancing at the Jock and Cheerleader table right next to us.

I sighed as I looked at a certain jock sitting on the popular table.

Those dimples.

Toby and I used to be best friends, we would spend every moment together, we were innocent to society and were all about fun. Even though he probably didn't remember it I would always remember when we were 7 and I was upset about a bully, Toby stood up for me though and that was when I had my first kiss.

Then eventually we moved to highschool where everyone was thrown into stereotyped categories and he became a jock, whilst I became 'the clever girl with style' or the 'geekchic'; I had an original category.

After that I made the biggest mistake of my life by developing a crush on Toby and even though it was impossible because I hardly knew him anymore, I just couldn't let go.

"Toby daydreams again?" Luke chuckled along with the others, as I suddenly blinked into reality.

I sighed "Shutup! It doesn't help you guys tease me as a constant reminder."