Chapter 4

*Roxie P.O.V.*

I walked down stairs and heard Two and Soda talking. "Listen man. You're my friend, but if you hurt her I'll hurt you," Two said. "Keith I think I'll be able to handle myself, besides Soda could never hurt me," I said with a smile. They turned around and both their jaws dropped open. "You guys might want to close your mouths before a fly makes a nest," I said with a chuck. "Roxie you look great," Two said. "That's the point. Soda you ready to go," I asked. "Y-yeah. Let's go," he said guiding me out of the house. "You look very handsome tonight," I said as we walked. "And you look absolutely stunning," he said making me blush. First we went to eat at Tastee Freez and after dinner we went to the Nightly Double for a movie. While we were at the movie Soda did a fake yawn and wrapped his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and he pulled me closer. "This is nice," I said with a sigh. "Yeah. Yeah it is," he said. It was nice being with Soda. We didn't have to talk to have a good time, we could just sit there in eachother's presence and we'd have a nice time.

   After the movie we were walking back to my house and Soda slipped his hand in mine. "Come on I got one more thing planned for tonight," Soda said leading me towards the park. "Soda what are we doing here," I asked. "Come on," he said climbing the jungle dome. I took off my heels and climbed up and sat down next to him on the top. "This is what I wanted to show you," he said looking up at the stars. "Soda it's beautiful," I said. "And that's how I've always felt about you. Roxanne, I love you. I have since the day we met. I just didn't realize it until after I was already with Sandy," he said.  "You love me," I asked surprised. "Yeah I do. There's no one else I'd rather love," he said. "Oh Soda. I love you too, you goof," I said kissing him. We sat there looking at the stars for a bit longer before we decided it was time to head back. Soda walked me back to my house and we said goodnight and he left to go home.

A couple days later

    I was hanging out at the Curtis house with Soda and Steve, when Darry came home from work. "Hey Darry," Soda said. "Hey Soda. How was work today," Darry asked. "It was ok. How about you," Soda asked. "Hard. My back is killing me," Darry said. "Would you like a massage," I asked. "That would be great," he said. I got up and walked over to Darry. I massaged his back and he told Soda and Steve about his day. "Did you even go to school today," Darry asked me."I'm graduating early and I only got a couple weeks left of class three times a week," I said. "Oh," he said. "There. Does your back feel better now," I asked resting my hands on his shoulders. "Yeah it feels much better now. Thanks," he said.

  I went to the kitchen to grab a snack while the guys talked. I leaned against the door frame while I ate a pack of trail mix. "Why do you do that," Steve asked. "Do what," I asked confused. "You eat all the almonds first and the M&M's last," Darry said. "Huh. I guess I've always done it," I said. "Well I think it's adorable," Soda said as he walked by making me blush. "Get a room you two," Steve said disgusted. "You're just jealous," I said smirking. Soda smiled at our bickering and went to the kitchen. I followed after him and we sat out on the back porch.  "So have you written that letter for Ponyboy yet," I asked popping another almond in my mouth. "Yeah. Dally is supposed to come pick it up today before he takes it out to Ponyboy tomorrow," he said.

   We sat and talked about random things and I leaned my head on his shoulder, until we were interrupted by Dally. "Darry said you had something for Ponyboy," he said standing behind us. Soda reached in his flannel pocket and pulled out the letter. "Yeah. Here. When you give it to him can you let him know that we're sorry," Soda said handing it over to him. "Sure thing Soda. Do you have anything for him," Dally asked. "Can you let him know that we miss them and want them to come home soon and safely," I said. Dally gave me a nod the walked back in the house leaving me and Soda alone again.

   We sat together for a bit before we went back inside to hang out with the guys. "You guys finally done making out," Two teased. "We were just talking you pervs," I said. We hung out a bit longer before it got late. "Well I'll see you guys later. Two and I better get going," I said grabbing my jacket. We said goodbye then headed to our house together and ran into some drunk socs. "Aren't you just a pretty little thing," one of them said. Two stepped in front of me while whipping out his blade. "You best be on your way before you loose that tongue," Two said. "Ohh. So scary," one said. I felt someone grab my butt from behind. I turned to see that it was one of the drunk Socs. "You better watch those hands or you're going to loose them," I said pushing him off. While I had the chance I whipped out my blade and they backed off. "Ohh. We better not mess with this one. She's tough," one said putting his hands up in the air mockingly. "It's not just for show. Back of for I will cut you," I said. They left us alone and we finally reached the house.