Prologue

May 22 2019

May 22 2019

Prologue

How did everything get to this point? Here I am, standing with a gun in my right hand and chest heaving in recognisable rage. My eyes are wide and glaring at the black haired man.

He did this.

He has fucking ruined me.

"Put the gun down Millie." The voice that I normally loved to hear say that name, is now filled with undeniable anger. His wicked grey eyes are trained solely on the gun in my delicate hand.

"How could you?" I force out the question with my teeth gritted together. "How fucking could you!" I scream at them both. The small blonde haired woman flinches and quickly stands behind the menacing man. With the hope that he will protect her from me.

That's right you little bitch, you better hide your fucking face from me.

"We were never serious Millie." Is what he responds with.

I feel my lungs empty with pent up oxygen. I hate it, but his words hurt me. "Never serious? I loved you! I fucking loved you and this is what I get in return? You turning your back on me and finding a little harpy to fuck?" I scream at him, waving the gun around in his large bedroom. The Egyptian sheets on his bed still rumpled from the couples previous engagement. "I was everything you wanted me to be!" I finish screaming.

I can feel the tears gathering in my eyes, and I am doing everything in my power to stop that from happening. I have never cried over anyone before, not even when I've had family members die. I'm not going to fucking start now.

I know I look incredibly unstable, but that's exactly what I am. It's just that now, I am unable to hide it from these people.

He takes a small step towards me, and I know what is going through his predictable mind; he is probably thinking that I wouldn't realise that he is slowly getting closer and closer to me. But what he doesn't know, is that I am allowing him to come closer.

He never has thought me to be the observant type.

"I never loved you. How could I love you? You would never have suited the life that I live Millie. We had our fun, but it would never have led to anywhere. Serena is for this life, she was born into it and I love her. Not you. I know you're a good person, I know you Millie. Put the gun down, this isn't who you are." Is what he says.

I let out a loud and dark laugh, not missing the way it makes Serena flinch and him to look at me with slightly narrowed eyes. I can feel my heart creaking from his spiteful words, knowing he meant every single thing he had just said. "Oh Heron, did you not hear what I just said?" I question him, his eyes going wide with the mention of his birth name. "I was everything you wanted me to be."