IV

We decide to split up. It will be easier, but also more dangerous. We won't be able to warn the other in case of danger.

"Come here if you find her. I'll be back in a short bit." I say, and then we part ways.

I decide to start in the area farthest from where I am. It should be the pastry store. Aniya always likes to watch the bakers do their work, even though the food makes her hunger.

As I am walking towards my current destination, I see a boy. Yes, there are plenty of other boys and men in the crowd, but he stands out so much, I wonder how I could have missed him before.

His hair is black, a black that I have never seen before, even though I am well acquainted with the color. It's long and curls around his ears, hanging just past his face. His eyes are a bit narrowed, and I notice that they are two different colors. One is the green of forest trees, and the other one is a white I have never seen. I think he might be blind of that eye.

I don't even realize that I'm staring until I realize his gaze is directed at me. He doesn't look to happy about my staring, either. I turn around at continue walking away, trying and failing to hide my embarrassment.

Finally I see the pastry store. But there's no one standing in front of it.

Maybe she's inside?

-------

Hey! I just wanted to talk about this: #blm . Actually, when you use this hashtag, it hides the true meaning of the words, so please refrain from using it. Thank you! ( I learnt that on Instagram. I also noticed that some people still didn't know what it meant. So yeah.)