Part 2: THE AFTERMATH.

Hey guys ! Sorry for the late update, I've been editing this part like crazy to make it perfect for you all. This chapter is way more eventful than the first so get some snacks and enjoy!

P.S. The love interest gets introduced here (Hush movie plot will me more incorporated in the next chapter)

Disclaimer: I have no idea what it's like being drunk so don't judge this chapter too much please 🦍

Chapter 2: The aftermath.

There were numerous red flags pointing towards their risky offer. And yet, the idea of letting loose for once and possibly making new friends appealed to me much more, despite the many barriers that were practically holding me back.

But, It was pretty safe to say Samantha was down, seeing as I didn't fail to notice the flirtatious, yet subtle, glances she shot at Z the whole night, though the male failed to realize her hopeless attempts.

Typical Samatha, I thought.

Hesitantly, I poked her side with my finger to gain her attention, my brown eyes hinting towards her that I was fine with whatever she decided.

Sam, who quickly noticed my uncertain eyes, stuttered as she craned her neck towards the two men who had been patiently waiting for our response. "Well- A few drinks shouldn't hurt, right Cari?" She nervously chuckled, her smile not quite reaching her eyes.

The reason behind our uncertainty was my lack of experience with any type of alcohol, ironically. Seeing as I was still only 19, the idea of being intoxicated never crossed my mind since I was always taught that sinning would do me no good.

And yet, here we are, working almost full time at a rusty, rundown strip club, the only reason people figured I was offered the job being that "daddy's little privileged girl gets whatever she wants."

The way people portrayed my father and I's relationship was very delusional and misleading. My father was hardly ever there for me in my life and never showed his face unless he needed a favor from me, ever since Mom left. Nowadays, he spends his time cooped up in his private villa and hardly ever showing his face.

But, it didn't bother me anymore.

I had enough money to keep me stable and I felt content in my little apartment. Yes, you can say my father "helped" me acquire the job because if it weren't for him, I would probably be working for some greasy fast food joint instead. So, I will thank him for that. Eventually.

"Alright, drinks on me. You ladies worked hard tonight so it's the least I can do." Z suggested, gesturing us to take a seat at the bar with his outstretched arm while E was already seated, beckoning the bartender over with his finger.

Since Samantha snatched up the open opportunity and took a seat beside Z, I was forced to sit beside E, who didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence whatsoever. The male was too busy typing away at his phone once the bartender came towards us.

A shot of vodka was immediately passed over to me, my curious eyes immediately meeting the eyes of my friend who had been the one to slide it over to me, a sudden wave of uneasiness filling my body.

My thoughts were interrupted once Z's booming voice spoke. "Is there something wrong? You've been death staring that little glass for the past five minutes, Chica." He laughed tenderly, downing his shot soon after as if it was nothing.

I immediately straightened my posture, wrapping my fingers around the glass and lifted it up to my lips. "I'm okay, I just haven't drank in awhile." I lied. Tilting my head back and downing the bitter drink, my throat immediately burned from the sensation as I set the glass down on the bar, the impact causing a thud against the wood.