her part 2

continuation of her :)

I'm too tired to pretend that last night didn't hurt
When you called me a friend
And it wouldn't be the first time you made me cry
You don't even know why
after that night jj didn't come over during the late hours of the night. not for a hookup. a smoke sesh. or even just to rant to his best friend about the girl who was driving him insane. i felt empty, used and above all drained. it took a lot of effort to actually function like your normal self again. everything around you reminded you of jj. he consumed all your thoughts. you thought of going back to the pogues but felt to ashamed knowing jj would have likely told them of your sudden absence from the rest and not wanting to add awkward tension to the group or gain the pity of the other pogues. i started a new routine. one that didn't involve them and jj. you went to new beaches among the outer banks. ate at restaurants you were unfamiliar with. and even hung out with new people. they were most definitely not the pogues and didn't give you the family type vibe you felt with the others it was enough for you to numb the emptiness you had been feeling for the past weeks. the others had been blowing up your phone asking to hang up and after so many times of turning them down the text and calls eventually stopped. you partied at new places, drank till you couldn't remember and woke up in unfamiliar beds with unfamiliar people.

And I'm watching as you watching her

you somehow ended up at a party that the pogues seemed to be hosting. you did your best to avoid them by mingling with the numerous tourons who seemed to keep feeding you drink after drink until you saw a familiar mop of blonde hair you wished you didn't.

Really gotta go
Wish I could stay
But I can't keep watching you, watching her, watching me

jj's pov (decided to switch it up ;) )
i saw her only a few feet away.
she looked beautiful like she always did.
she seemed happy.
dancing surrounded by a large group of tourons who seemed too enchanted with her. i wanted to go over there and apologize and tell her i love her too. but i had lacey attached to my arm as she complained of her beer being too warm and begging to pogues to get her another one. i seemed to space out from the rest of them until laceys fingers were snapping in front of my face.
And everybody knows
That I feel this way
So I can't keep watching you, watching her, watching me
your pov
one of my friends yelled my name.
"hey there's a cute guy over there checking you out" i turned and saw jj looking at me and lacey seemed to be staring at me too then turning back to jj and stomping off. i shook it off confused and continued dancing with the random boys i didn't know. until he called me name.
"y/n, can we talk" jj said staring at the ground with his hands stuffed in his pockets.
"sure" i said untangling myself from the group i was surrounded by.
"what's up" i said giving him a small smile.
"i miss you. and so do the others. and i don't know if you miss us but it been so hard without you. i miss you being there laughing at all my dumb jokes and the fun we used to have stumbling around the chateau to whatever music john b seemed to be playing. i miss the way we sleep and you running your fingers through my hair. laceys not the same. i thought she's what i wanted buts he really isn't. i want you y/n and i love you." he spoke.
i started tearing up at what he said and i felt his arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me into a hug.
"i missed you so much j and the others too. i love you too" i mumbles into his chest as he squeezed me tighter against him.