"Skeppy is Different"

Zak's POV

After coming back from dropping Tommy off at school, I stood outside the house for a few minutes to smoke my cigarette. I grabbed my lighter from my pocket and lit it, smelling the smoke and looking at the tiny fire. I dragged the cigarette up to my mouth and inhaled.

I stood on the porch and looked around the neighborhood. It was a nice neighborhood. I heard a lawn mower in the distance, as well as birds chirping. An old man walked by with his dog. He looked at me a bit as he walked, judging me as I went by. I smoked more, watching the tiny cloud float into the air.

I heard a ding on my phone and pulled it out of my pocket. It was from Dave, he was wondering where I was. I took one last drag of my cigarette and put it out. I breathed deeply for a few minutes and walked into the house.

"Hey Dave!" I hollered, "I treated Tommy to breakfast and took him to school!"

"Oh cool!" I heard Dave yell as well as the sound of his feet walking out of the kitchen.

"Yeah he really enjoyed it," I said.

"I'm glad. I am surprised that kid still goes to school to be honest," Dave said.

I nod.

"Well anyway, wanna record a video later? Also around dinner time, my friend Squid is coming over to hang out around dinner," Dave asked.

I look down, rubbing my arm anxiously, "We could play Skywars?"

"I was thinking we'd play some relaxing survival," Dave said.

"Oh! That works, but how would we record? Would we just record in our different rooms on the computer?" I asked.

"Yeah we would... Listen Zak I wanna talk about something," Dave said.

I instantly get scared. Sudden confrontations made me anxious. I swallow hard.

"What's up?"

"Do you wanna stay here forever? I'm thinking of paying a builder to construct another room for you to the house. It's not fair you are stuck recording in a laundry room or sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room. You don't deserve to have to use the hall closet or keep most of your stuff in the garage," Dave said.

"Oh Dave! You don't have to! I'm happy in the laundry room!" I said.

"Trust me, I'm okay with it. I have the money, and I would feel better. It really doesn't take that much to add a new room and bathroom," Dave said.

"Okay, if you're sure," I nodded.

Dave put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes, "I'm sure."

It gets awkward so I excuse myself to go into the laundry room. It did kinda suck to not have a safe to be honest, but could I let him use his money? For me?

I open my second twitter account on my computer as it has been a long time. I start to scroll down the timeline and read tweets.

"Skeppy is so different now. I'm shocked."

"Skeppy seems so different and sad."

"Zak seems so different without Darryl. I'm not sure if I can bare to watch anymore."

"Skeppy is so different and I'm disappointed he's not the same. He's not gonna make content like he used to probably."

The last tweet made me feel upset so I typed out a response to it.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm different. I'm sorry I can't cope with my boyfriend getting murdered so I can't make precious content for you. I am sorry I have feelings," I wrote and posted it.

I looked down at my desk and sighed. I'm different now. People won't like me now.

I look at the replies under my tweet. For the most part people were comforting me, but the person who tweeted it got mad.

"WOW Skeppy you are really sending people after me right now? Not everyone has to like your content."

I typed back a response to them.

"I don't mean to send people after you. You don't have to like my content, but it's not fair to me that you're being mean. I'm not a puppet for you guys," I said and tweeted back.

I decided to move on and to continue scrolling down.

There was a lot of fan art of Darryl. The fan art had a bunch of long tweet threads of how they missed him as well. On the art was "RIP Badboyhalo" and there was lots of art with wings. I retweeted every fan art for Darryl.

He'd love these. He was so good at supporting artists. 

Other people pointed out how tired I looked and how they were worried for me. I hearted these tweets, but didn't respond. It was awkward to point out how bad I was doing, but they were just concerned. It's nice to know they cared about me.

Other people tweeted theories on how Darryl was still alive, and it made me really sad. Darryl was dead. I watched blood pour out of him. I watched him fade away. There was no theory there. These people wanted a fantasy, they wanted a miracle. There are no miracles.

A lot of people still tweeted about how Darryl and I was together. I didn't know how to feel about those tweets, they were uncomfortable. I guess it was shocking though.

I had enough of twitter and decided I would record a video of me talking and pvping on my minecraft server. I talked about my sexuality, my life, my eating disorder, how I was coping with Darryl's death, and random things about life with Dave as I played. It was the most I opened up. I opened up some when I posted the memorial for Darryl, but I didn't tell details. I told as much as possible, and then edited the video and posted it on my main. It was one of the longest videos on my channel, being like an hour and a half long.

Everyone in the comments freaked out and left nice messages, but they also pointed out how different of me that was.

I wonder if Darryl would be sad or proud or both.