17

seventeen

seventeen.

ꨄ︎

jimin woke up feeling quite sore, to be honest. he rolled onto his side, eyebrows creasing when he saw a half-naked taehyung pressed against his body, an arm around his thin waist so that the redhead was spooning him. for a split second, jimin forgot why taehyung was in his bed, cuddling him, but then he managed to remember all of the events that happened yesterday.

jimin grabbed his phone and opened the spam of messages and missed calls that had been sent to him ten minutes ago. they were all from jungkook; he was freaking out over jimin's unexplained absence. jimin frowned, looking at the time. 11:38.

"fuck!" jimin swore loudly, accidentally awakening taehyung. he scrambled out of his bed, checking the clock on his wall to make sure that his phone wasn't malfunctioning. "those sounds remind me of last night," taehyung cooed smugly.

"you're not funny, taehyung. school started three hours ago! we are late as fuck," jimin told him, pacing all over the room in anxiety. "nah, we are absent. we don't have to go to school, what are we even gonna say?" taehyung asked rhetorically.

well, taehyung wasn't wrong; they couldn't just turn up, late, at the same time, people would get suspicious. "we can just stay here," taehyung suggested. "we? who's we? this is my house, go back to yours," jimin scoffed bluntly.

taehyung sat up and rested his naked back against white headboard of jimin's bed. he folded his arms, staring at jimin sadly. "you're gonna make me go back to that hellhole?" he asked, pushing his bottom lip out to form a pout. jimin grimaced, exhaling heavily; of course he couldn't send him back there.

"no, but you can't stay here forever," jimin told him. taehyung nodded, "that's unfortunate. anyways, i'm starving," he declared, getting out of bed quickly, messing up jimin's blanket in the process. jimin mumbled a bunch of swear words aimed at the younger boy as he fixed his bed before following taehyung downstairs.

taehyung was already making himself a bowl of cereal, finishing jimin's favourite but still having the audacity to put the cereal box back where it came from.

"jesus christ," jimin rolled his eyes, taking the box from the cupboard and throwing it into the recycling bin. "what?" taehyung frowned, mouth full of cereal.

jimin shook his head dismissively before getting some bread from the fridge and placing it into the toaster.

"how come you live alone?" taehyung asked abruptly, carelessly putting his legs up on jimin's small kitchen table. the elder pushed his legs off with his elbow, still not appreciating the lack of manners.

"i lived with my grandma for five years, before she passed, my parents decided they didn't want me when i came out," jimin deadpanned briefly.

"oh shit, that's depressing," taehyung mummered. jimin shook his head as he got up to spread jam on his toast. "they were shitty people, i hated them," he confessed.

"i hate mine too," taehyung muttered. jimin looked up and shook his head, "no, you don't. you're just saying that because," jimin told him. "your parents still give a shit about you."

"but they don't about each other, it's even worse," taehyung argued. "but my parents stopped giving a fuck about me because i stopped giving a fuck about vaginas," jimin said quietly, looking down at his plate.

taehyung was silenced. jimin was right, he did have a worse relationship with his parents, for the stupidest reason. "my parents would like you," taehyung mummered. jimin wiped his eyes and smiled, though taehyung didn't see it. "really?" jimin chuckled, going back to making his breakfast.

"yeah! you're funny and pretty and stuff," taehyung told him. jimin blushed lightly and nodded his head, "thanks."

"do you wanna go out?" taehyung asked, propping his head onto his palms. "hm?" jimin frowned, eyes slightly widening.

"like, you know, outside," taehyung elaborated. "ah," jimin sighed, realising that, once again, he had misinterpreted taehyung's sentence. "um, yeah, sure," the older boy nodded. "there's a small theme park down the road, do you want to go there?" taehyung suggested.

jimin nodded his head with enthusiasm, "yeah!" jimin had always had a thing for theme parks; they were so lively and enjoyable, adrenaline always rushed through jimin's veins whenever he visited one. truth be told, he always went to theme parks with his parents when he was younger.

of course, they assumed jimin was straight back then, since jimin had said nothing different, so they were always happy to be around young jimin. but fuck them, thought jimin as he finished his breakfast with taehyung - he doesn't need his parents to be with him in order for him to feel alive and have fun.

the two of them went upstairs to freshen up and get dressed, taehyung dashing up the stairs to get to jimin's closet first. by the time jimin had arrived in his room, taehyung had already taken jimin's favourite clothes and claimed it as his own. "i was gonna wear that," jimin sulked, eyeing the oversized denim jacket that taehyung had stole.

"you snooze, you lose," taehyung shrugged, taking a grey hoodie from the wardrobe. "you're aware that they are my clothes?" jimin asked, crossing his arms. taehyung nodded his head, stripping in front of jimin and getting changed. "what're you gonna do, slash my kneecaps?"

taehyung laughed at his own joke, sliding on the denim jacket. jimin rolled his eyes and nodded, deciding that he couldn't be bothered to win his clothes back. "hilarious, taehyung," the smaller boy laughed sarcastically. taehyung nodded in agreement, deciding to turn a blind eye at jimin's sarcasm.

"hurry up," taehyung groaned, crossing his arms in annoyance. "shut up, if you didn't take my clothes, i would have an outfit by now," jimin snapped back.

"right, sorry."

"besides, it takes time to look as perfect as i do."

☼︎