02.

[[@kristy.lani on instagram. Is she not the most beautiful thing.... ugh. ]]

Hand in My Pocket ALANIS MORRISETTE

Better Man PEARL JAM

90's throwback weekend [[at least they used to have that on 93.3 the planet ... not that I listen to the radio much anymore]]

(Kaylee's POV) 

I watched Shane; momentarily stunned by him. I realized then that I loved him still. Good time to realize this when he's surrounded by pretty girls and forties of beer.   Especially given it had been seven years apart for us. Plenty of time for him to have found someone else. That made a pit in my stomach, not gonna lie.

He was totally understanding of this girl; who was into him because of who he is. He was good enough to make me stop and stare.

Shane looked at me. "Oh hey, Kaylee." He turned crimson involuntarily.

Smirking feeling triumphant I said. "Hi. Long time no speak."

"Truth. You mind dropping by our bus after the show? I'm sure Paul Marc and Josh would love to hang out."  Shane grinned at her playfully

"Oh. Uh. About?" I asked; appearing curious.

"You'll see." Shane grinned to himself Knowing that she wouldn't say 'no' with an audience.

"Umm. Okay. Shane I'll see you later then?"

"Of course." Shane smiled at her, "Looking forward to seeing you."

***

My heart was pounding.  My nerves were shot. 'How am I going to tell him about our daughter?' I sighed to myself. This couldn't be about us could it?

Shane walked in; blushing profusely, when he saw I was smirking deviously at him. "God, you're so damn cute when you blush like that." Shane turned away, redness still evident in his cheekbones. 

"I guess you just have that effect on me." Shane shrugged, nonchalantly. "So what do you say to us being together?"

"What!?" I asked; suddenly incensed. Trying to think of WHAT to say. "No. And don't look at me that way. Don't appear like that. As if you're going to ki-- "

With a smirk to rival mine. He kissed me, like he was drowning and I was dizzy with it.

"My God; you can't just do that!" My lips were bruised. And he looked as if he were going to do it again. I allowed him to do just that.

"Why not?" His grin was infectious.

"Because I'm seeing someone. Kellin Quinn. Fairly certain that this wouldn't be looked on kindly." I saw the look that crossed his face. It was as if I caused that sadness. As if it were my fault; and maybe he was correct.

"Ah. So I suppose it would be alright if I see other people?" Shane asked.

"Sure. I mean, it's not like I have any claim to you." I rolled my eyes. 'God the nerve of this guy!'

"Hmm. You could though. Besides I saw your look of dizziness. As if you liked it." Shane grinned at me.

"Mm. I don't think I can. I'm sorry, Shane." I was just trying to think my way through this conversation. Without getting myself lost in his caramel colored gaze.

" 'Kay. But if ever you need someone's shoulder to cry on; or need a friend. I'm here, okay?" Shane said smiling a bit at me.

'Oh God. He's too damn nice.' I thought to myself. 'But maybe that's a good thing?' What I said was, "Thanks; Shane." With a small faked smile, I managed to say blushing; "I love you. I'm just not in love with you." I stated ruffling his hair.

"It's okay Kaylee. I understand." Shane motioned for me to come closer to him.

I stood; my ground. "Thank you. But I'd better go, okay?" I asked; surprised when Shane kissed me.

"For the road ahead. It may be a nightmare, but it's mine." Shane went to the back of the bus....where he could cry in peace. (Not that I'd ever know of it, I'm guessing okay?)

"Shane...." I whispered to him. But he unluckily did not hear me. Or wouldn't want to. Not sure which.