His Name

"Wait!" I cried as he tossed me into the nearest room. I braced myself, slapping my hands harshly against the thick painted clay. I felt him press hard against me, his giant hands pressing directly over mine and trapping me there.

"What was that?" He barked cruelly. "She is not someone you should be messing with."

"Nolan!" I turned my head, desperate to explain myself, even if he didn't understand my reasonings.

He shushed me angrily, one of his hands leaving mine to push my back forward. I nearly wacked my face against the wall as he shoved me to it and sandwiched me, his face nestling into my ear.

"Don't say my name." He whispered furiously, his tone threatening and deep.

"Nolan, please!" Tears scratched at my eyes as I stayed perfectly still against him.

"Don't-" he hummed lowly. "Don't say my name."

He was cold and rough, as I knew him to be, but I didn't want him to be angry with me. It sent a searing pain throughout my heaving chest, so sharp and brutal that it felt like a serrated dagger that curved into a vicious hook around my heart. It chased a heat to my throat that tightened and hardened into a rock sized lump. I felt myself shake beneath him as his rough hand lowered to my thigh, his scorching fingers shocking me as they snuck beneath my skirt.

"I'm trying not to be angry." He growled against my ear, his teeth scraping against the cartilage. "I'm trying not to be mean."

"I-" I choked on my words. "Nolan, I know I should have stopped-"

"You shouldn't have been kissing her in the first place!" He barked pressing harder into me. "And I don't think you understand who she is. You don't just have to watch out for the men around here, there are some women that will extort you for more than just sex."

"I-" my face flushed with heat, my skin crawling sweetly with shivers at his demeanor.

"Did you even think of me at all?" His volume didn't waver. "How far where you planning on going with her?"

"Nolan-" my free hand swept down to catch his from where to laid on my thigh, hesitant and blazing. "I didn't kiss her back because I was thinking about anyone. I just wanted to stop thinking!"

"What do you mean?"

"She came in and I started thinking about my mom and everything that has happened. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I don't know anything about this place or anything about the human world! It's frustrating!" I screamed hysterically, steaming tears burning my cheeks. I felt something burst within my chest, the string on it's last thread, pleading at me in its foreign language. "I know I have to go back, I know I have to do something about him! But I can't stop dwelling on the fact that I got my mother killed and all I'm doing is hiding away from my people!"

I felt his breath blow into my hair as I stood there quivering in silence, my emotions dragging my body down and making me feel heavy. His fingers moved, spreading out across my skin. Just his touch was scorching enough to singe away my securities and leave me a trembling mess beneath him. There was no calming sensation; I felt crazy, erratic, as I cried like a child, desperate and angry with myself.

He remained silent as he released me just long enough to flip me over and repin me to the wall with his muscular body. Only this time, when I looked up at his face, he had everything but anger in his mesmerizing eyes. The chilled blues of his irises trapped me inside of them, churning the emotions inside my twisted stomach and making my weakened heart pound even more viciously as I struggled to stop my tears from blurring my vision. His brows dipped as he watched me blubbering, moist wetness and snot smeared all over my face.