FEEDING TIME

They made me copy the other whales. If they were sent to do something I would be forced to copy them. This time, a whale called Katsatka, a larger orca than me, would get rewarded only BOTH of us did the trick. The alien spun around in a circle and so did katsatka. I didn't get it. Instead I floated lifelessly knowing that I was just useless. I squealed but she ignored me. We didn't get a reward and Katsatka charged at me. I cried but no one would listen. I dived up and out of the water. I barely ate any food while was here. I rammed into the whale who pierced my fluke and I bled out. I screamed at her but she ignored me. The inspector dived into the waters as we were sent to a dark and enclosed space. I felt nervous as the whales came at me during the night. Another whale, just a little larger than me raked my body painfully leaving scars all over me. I was too young to be able to take on the larger adults. All the females turned on me and I felt abandoned. I wailed for help but no one would come. I sputtered up water helplessly as Luna a female, bit my side and nipped at my fluke. I turned away and thrashed around aggressively. In the morning I heard the metal gate churn and I freed myself from the heart wrenching females. I greeted the aliens as best as I could. Besides, they were the only things I had to keep me alive. Katsatka rushed out of the gate to chase me off and I did. They slapped the water and I retrieved. That was the only thing I learned in the past few days. I made a scary sound in the depth of my throat scaring the females away. The alien tried to open my mouth and eventually did. I shook my body in fright. "Shhhh baby Shamu," she said calming me. I sucked on a bottle of fishy milk with vitamins and meds. I squealed in delight. It was the first time in three days I had a delicious meal. I craved for more but the alien shook his head whatever that meant. I shook my head too in curiosity. "Yes! Good boy!" She cooed tossing a dozen fish in my mouth. I ate up and mimicked whatever she did so that I could get fed more. After I was full I dived away. I heard the echolocation clicks of the other females. I whined and huddled in a corner nervous and fearful. Splash-a young male orca nipped at my fluke and rammed into my side in play. I ignored in him annoyed. The goo left my body overnight I noticed. I swam away and rushed off into a different corner. This tine, Splash didn't follow. Their was another slap in the water. I retrieved back to the dock where I watched as Splash, Luna, and Katsatka lined up perfectly next to each other on a floating surface leaving an empty space for me. I didn't bother. An alien bribed me with food. I whined dramatically. They were literally forcing me to do these tricks. I cried.