chapter 34

1 week later

our team enter the locker room quietly, everyone is too nervous to talk. we all change into our uniforms and sit on the bench waiting for a final speech from coach. we flew to Washington D.C a couples days ago for the championship. the times has come and my nerves has been bouncing off the wall since we got here. billie phone call eases them but this is the biggest game of my career. not only that coach talked to me prior about wanting me to start.

"listen up ladies" coach said entering the locker room interrupting my thought. we all turn our attention to the man in the room awaiting for his words or encouragement.

"I'm proud of you ladies on hard you guys worked to get here. but the times not over yet, we got one more game and the championship is ours. I want you guys to outrun them and beat them to every ball. find out space and open players. play smart and good passes and good shots. lets them get used to how we play not the other way around. now lets go out there and win a championship titles." he said.

we handles up in a circle and the captain Kaylee said, "trojans on 3 ready 1 2 3.."

and in unison e all scream "trojans"

and with that we all walk out on to the field and begin to stretch and warm up. during this time stadium quickly begin to fill to watch the final game. the fans are pretty equal between us and UNC. after about 20 minutes the game was about to start and I take my positions on the field. we Start we possession and when the whistle blew I passed it back to sam. with the first half we did what coach said and outran them and outplayed with resulted in a goal from our midfielder Sara. but you could not count out UNC. they too were a good team which is why they are at the finals as well. they too scored but they score 2 goals on us putting them on top. 

coach didn't start me during the second half to give me a break. but 20 minutes left in the game we were still down by one. he subbed me back in the game and we started making better passes. our wing player kara took the ball sidelines while me and the other forwards ran middle. she crossed the ball towards the goal but it looked like it was going out of bound so I headed redirecting back the middle. it went past most of the forwards but sam was trailing behind was able to slam the ball into the back of the neck and get a goal. we ran to each other celebrating the goal and now tying the game 2-2. 

we run back to our side looking at the clock there 7 mixtures left in the game. the game started again and UNC plan was very aggressive the pushed most of their players onto our side trying to score one goal. however our defense was strong. so we won the ball back with under 3 minutes to go. the balls lands in my feet and I turn to my left beating one defenders and sprinting towards their goal. there was only one defenders left and their legs were pretty wide so I passed the ball through them and running around and getting it. I sprint with the ball on the left side. the goal comes out trying to contest the shot, I see the goalie pretty short so I send a rocket of shot into the right side upper corner. the goal extends to the fullest but still not able to save the shot.

 I watch as it hit the back of the net and chaos around me starts. my teams surround me into a group hugs and we all jump and cheer knowing in couples second we will be the new NCAA women soccer champions. the stadiums shake with fans happy and sad knowing that UNC lost. a few seconds later the game ends and everyones cheers. coach comes up to me a huge smile and a few tears in his eyes. he gives me a big hug and says, "im so proud of you Tyler".

"thank you" I said with a few tears come to my eyes from joy.

"you won MYP kid" he said looking at me

"what" I said with shocked

he laugh at my expression and says,"they named you MVP of the game for your work on the field contributing to the win." then point to the big screen and there it was. it was a photo of me in my uniforms next was a video of highlight reels from the game. under it wrote Tyler Hudson Finals MVP. 

I stood there shocked that was able to win that awards. a few of the girls run to there families who took the travel to here. my family wasn't able tog et the time off but they did send me a text before saying that they were going to watch the Livestream. I know they're proud and cheering at home. we do the the trophy performs and and I get a trophy for MVP. we head back into the locker where we all celebrate together dancing around to music. we all take a shower and get changed into new clothes. once I get my new clothes on I look at my phone and see my notifications are through the roof. I go to my message and see a lot from my family but I open billie first wile I walk out the locker room

Billie: I'm sooo proud of you!!!! you worked so hard for this you most definitely deserve it!!

Tyler: thank you baby I miss you

Billie: I miss you too I wish I was there

Tyler: I wish you were here too

Billie: actually turn around

I stop in my tracks and I turn around slowly and in the flesh was her. i run to her and engulf her into he biggest hug. I pick her up spinning around her tiny body. her laugher fills my ears but it was just music to my ears. after a few seconds I put her down and hold her face in my hands

"wh-wh-what are you doing here? aren't you suppose to be on plane to London?" I said genuinely confuse on how could she be her

"I book another flight so I can have a layover here so we can see you play" she said. I looked up slightly when she said we, and see the rest of her family in the background. I wave to them and they smile and wave back.

"I'm really happy your here, you don't even know" I said.

"me too" she said and leans back into my chest

"you know I really want kiss you right now"

"you do"

"yea you know I did just bring the championship back to USC and win MVP not that I'm bragging" I said smirks and pretending to dust my shoulders. she lets out a laugh before going on her tippy toes connecting our lips. I move my hands back to her head bringing closer to mine. after a minute we pull away both smiling.

"do feel better now" she said laughing

"yup, so when do you have to be back to the airport?"

she looks at her phone for the time and says," in about 20 minutes"

"ohh" I said know she need to leave soon for the drive to the airport.

she notice my change in demeanors and puts her hands on my cheeks and move it so I see her eyes and says, " hey ill be back in 3 days and we can hang out all day ok"

"ok" I said giving one last kiss before walking her over to her family. I hug each one of them thanking them for coming. they each congratulating me on the win and the award. they all get the car to give me and billie some privacy. I pull her into one last hug  and whisper a thank you in her ear and giving a small kiss on her cheek.

"ill text you when I land ok" she said getting into the car

"ok" I said

I watch the car pull off, before walking back to the team bus to celebrate.

this took way to long to write only because I'm lazy

also give me some ideas if you have any. write them in the comments or you can message me

Not edited

hope you enjoyed

comment and vote

thanks for reading

-A