Melt down in the Flip Side

There was a series of thuds and crashes, Remus knew exactly what was going on. He threw the covers off and ran to his room. Throwing the door open, he saw Deceit curled up in the middle of his trashed room. Books littered the floor, wallpaper was torn, and his snake cage was shattered. Deceit, however, was in worse shape than his room. He was changing persona nearly every second, he was muttering to himself too. Remus ran over and sat him up. He started to snap repeatedly in front of the boy's nose to grab his attention.

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, stop crying..." Deceit finally looked up at him, eyes bloodshot. "Hey, it's okay. You're just having another break-down. So look at me. Focus on your breathing, alright. Just in and out..."

"B-but..." he started.

"Shut up, breath. In, 1-2-3, hold, and out, 1-2-3-4-5..." the changing slowed. It didn't stop, it just slowed, showing that he had at least calmed slightly. Remus tapped on the bedside table and eventually landed his hand on a small mirror. He handed it to Janus. "Okay, I want you to find a pattern and tell me it. Can you do that?" he held the mirror up for him. He stared at it for a second before mumbling,

"Logan... Patton... Remus... Roman... Virgil..."

"Okay, good. Now, pick anyone you just named and tell me why..." they had done this every time. Janus would turn into someone, stay as them and explain why he chose them, and would eventually come to his senses and remember who he was. Janus took and deep breath, what was first Roman's suit was replaced with a black tee-shirt and a tie.

"Who is this?" Remus asked.

"Logan..."

"And he is Thomas'~?"

"Logic..."

"Alright, why did you turn into Logan?"

"Because..." he paused. "B-because he can always find a logical w-way out of a bad situation... and h-he doesn't feel anything... like f-fear..."

"Alright, let's do someone else." With another deep breath, the tie was switched for a crimson sash and a princely outfit. Remus held back a scoff, he didn't want to see his brother... but if it helped Janus... "And this is?"

"Roman... Creativity..."

"And, why him?" Remus attempted to hide the disgust he rarely had.

"H-he's an actor... he's good at hiding how he r-really feels... he's also fun to mess around w-with..."

"Uh-huh. And one last person..." Patton or Virgil- he thought. But was wrong. The crimson turned to a fern-green, the white sunk into a sparkly black, and his hair showed a silver stripe. "O-oh, heh, okay. Who is this?"

"Remus, or the Duke. Intrusive Thoughts..."

"And why did you pick him?"

"Because... he's always been there for me, he's funny, he gives Thomas nightmares... and..." his body and clothes slowly reformed into its original state. "He's *never* been there to remind me of who I'm *not*."

"There we go! Double-D's back!" Janus rolled his eyes at the nickname. (I love being given to D's at once)