Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I slipped into a pair of baggy black sweats, my black flip-flops and a 'Get Scared' tank top; avoiding Hunter's gaze as he lounged on his bed watching The Runaways - wasn't actually watching it; it was just playing on the plasma as he stared blankly at the wall the TV hung on.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow" I said and his body sprung to life.

"Say what now?" he asked, a hurt, unhappy expression carved into his face, underneath his sharp cheekbones and messy-ish hair, he really did look like something was putting him through pain.

"I'm sleeping downstairs; Jesse doesn't like the fact that we sleep in the same bed" I told him, I know it sounds like Jesse is taking over my life but I actually like this guy and I want him to stay...unlike the rest of my boyfriends that just randomly dumped me with no explanation what so ever.

I hate making Lou stay over at John's place - Ottelo and Carmela are staying in the guest room, but Alice and Cooper are thinking about converting the attic into two big bedrooms - but she does have Aaron, Mick and Brady to protect her from that dick: Aaron drove him to the airport this morning, making sure Lou would definately be safe in that whore house.

I walked out of his room, I walked out on Hunter, leaving him angered and in need of something to calm himself down.

I pulled a few covers out of the linen closet and took a couple of pillows too, I dragged them downstairs and into the living room.

"What are yo doing down here at twelve in the night?" Alice asked from the armchair across the room, "and with a bed spread?" she continued.

I didn't want to lie, so I didn't, wow, that is soo unlike me, "I'm not on the best terms with Hunter right now" I told her, I didn't wanna give away what he saw to make us like this.

"Aw, why?" she asked, why is she aw-ing?

She's aw-ing because she wants you and Hunter to live hapily ever after...

My conscience is a fucking dick!

"He doesn't like Jesse" I told her and she frowned as I dropped the covers and pillows onto the four seater sofa.

"You know why he doesn't like Jesse, right?" she asked and it was my turn to frown.

"No. I guess he just generally doesn't like Jesse, like that whole alfa-male rivalry thing, I saw some of the popular girls that normally sworm Hunter, turn to Jesse; maybe that's why?" I guessed and she smiled sympathetically at me.

"Honey you're in denial, because Hunter doesn't just 'dislike Jesse because he's losing his rep,' he's jealous; isn't that obvious?" she asked and I shook my head; I can't remember the last time Hunter felt jealous of anything.

"Andi, I'm his mom, I know how that boy thinks and feels. It's a motherly instinct she told me and I giggled.

"I'd hate it if I could always know what Hunter was thinking and feeling, god knows what kind of...dirty things that guy is thinking most of the time" I joked but the serious face stayed plated on her pixie-like face.

"Listen, Andi, honey, if he wasn't jealous - subconsiously I might add - of the few guys you've dated, then why did he always find a way to get rid of them?" she asked and I gasped.

"Wait, so, Hunter is the reason none of my boyfriends lasted after the second or third date? God dammit!"

"He loves you, he just doesn't know it yet; and I'm pretty sure you know how you feel for him, you just hide it" she stated and breezed out of the room; why does she seem so...mystic sometimes?