[3]

She did and was met with the sugar cookie smiley's face instead of Italy's face. He swayed his head around, Germany feeling his grin behind the cookie, and she smiled slightly not surprised that he found the treat so quickly.

"I got that for you." She coughed slightly into her hand turning a bit pink. "I thought you might like it."

He took the cookie away and smiled brightly just as she had suspected. "I do! The only good things about German food are your sweets and bread! Can I eat it right now?" He looked in the bag some more trying to find something. "You didn't get one for yourself?"

She decided to let go of his comment about her cooking this time. "No, I don't like sugar cookies all that much."

Italy looked down at the cookie and the surplus amount of groceries. He took a bite out of the sweet excited to have something so indulgent after eating such bland food out in the war front, and the sugar that melted into his tongue made his curl form into a heart. He hummed happily as he glanced at Germany's back. She was pulling out pans and pots from the stove, and he noticed her lack of uniform. It felt strange to be in uniform when Germany wasn't.

He chewed remembering Germany's advice to swallow fully before talking since he tended to choke when he got excited and ate.

"You have a lot more food than usual. This cookie must have been expensive. Did you get a raise? Are you hosting a party? Is Prussia coming back? And why aren't you in your uniform? Are you on vacation already?" he fired off.

She returned to the table and pulled out the meat she was going to begin tenderizing for dinner hours away. She barely glanced at Italy as she inspected the meat once again from the butcher. "I'm not hosting a party, and I'm not sure when Bruder is coming back. He's still in the Eastern front. And as you know, I won't be working for a while..."

Italy gasped. "Really!? Yahoo! For how long? That means no training!"

A vein popped out of her forehead when hearing his jovial tone. "That doesn't mean you have an excuse to slack off! Why are you even here? You should be out training!"

He blinked, crumbs of the sugar cookie around his mouth as he pulled the half-eaten treat away. The messiness bothered her, and so she grabbed a napkin from the table to wipe it away.

"You're like a child. Don't inhale your food," she reprimanded cleaning him up and noticing how red his lips were. They were smoother than she expected, and the Cupid's bow of his upper lip captivated her as she saw the subtle, smooth curve of his mouth connect to the beginnings of his straight nose. It was something that she hadn't paid attention to before but now up close, she could appreciate how well suited his nose was for his face, rounded, symmetrical, and not too overpowering. If she were to roam her gaze farther up, she would meet his wide eyes, and she already knew how beautiful his eyes were. His grandfather's Mediterranean genetics were strong in him, but her grandfather Germania's were also equally as noticeable by the lighter shades of copper and hints of hazel rimming around his pupil.

If Italy and I are going to have sex, then he would have to kiss me, she thought finding it strange to not have appreciated how attractive his features were before. She blushed, tearing her hand away.

She was done cleaning him up and threw away the napkin.

He smiled not detecting anything strange about her behavior. "You're always looking out for me. I really like that about you."

She blushed at the compliment still not used to such positive affirmation. She rapidly tapped his forehead with her finger and his body swayed back and forth like a bobblehead. "Well, I like it when you go to training, idiot!"