New beginning

I own nothing but the story!!
Riley's POV:

Today I start 10th grade!!! I can't believe I have been friends with Maya for so long! People always tell me friends come and go....but not true friends.

"Riley you ready?" Shouts maya from my living room
"Coming!" I yell back I can't wait for high school. I've missed Lucas so much. I've had a crush on him since 7th grade. This is the year he will notice me for sure.
"Riley hurry up will you?!" Said Maya. She was getting impatient. I wonder why. Maybe she likes Farkle so she can't wait to see him?
I walk out and see Maya wearing makeup. WHAT?! She never wears make up and now she just wore make up. Ok. This crush is serious then. I have to find out who it is, but how? I should get going.
"Ready?" I asked
"I've been waiting here forever.😑" she responded.
We got up and left.
My parents aren't here, they left to California so I haven't been eating breakfast and Auggie is with them.
We walked to the subway and met Farkle and Lucas there.
"Hey cowboy!😏" yelled Maya
"Sup city girl☺️" replied Lucas
They were flirting. Maya likes Lucas. Why? I've always liked him and she knows that. I look over at Farkle and he seems upset too. I just wave at him and I go and sit as far away from everyone else as possible.
The funny thing is no one noticed that I left to the back. Not even Maya. I fact no one. The whole time they just kept flirting and flirting. Farkle just looked out the window. I think he's crying I can't tell I'm too far back to notice. I thought Lucas liked me. I guess I'm wrong.
My stop is here. Oh well time for school right?

DURING SCHOOL:

I've been looking for Maya for hours. Not really. She hasn't shown up to lunch yet and that's her favorite subject in school. Where is she? I'm gonna ask Farkle.
"Hey Farkle have you seen Maya?"
"No...have you seen Lucas?"
"No.." As soon as he asked that, my heart broke. How could they?! I have to find them. Maybe they aren't doing anything wrong.
"I'm going to loo for them, Farkle you look in the 2nd floor I'll take the first."
"Kay"
Now where are they....I'll check our math classroom it's closest to the main entrance. Maybe Maya is getting tutored. She was always bad at math.
I walk in and I hear giggling. That's weird the lights are off. I turn them on.
"Maya?! Lucas?! How could you!!" I shouted I walked into the classroom and saw them making out.
"Riley wait!"
I couldn't do this I had to get out. All I heard was Lucas telling me to wait. I ran out the doors I couldn't stand being in this school much longer. I ran across the street and I saw a bright light. Then. Absolute darkness.