Chapter One: The Colonies

I knew it was over... Ever since the war, we were colonized into colors. My sister...She was put into yellow. I was put into pink.. The thought of never seeing my sister again. I couldn't do it. She was the only family I had left ever since our parents died in the war.. We've all learned to get used to it. It is what it is, I guess.. My name is Alyx Roserich. And I am the leader of the pink army.

"ALYX!! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Aki screamed to her sister, Alyx. "I don't know.. Please calm down.. " Just as Alyx said that, guards started pulling them into chambers, dying their hair, clothes, and eyes. "AKI!!" Her sister couldn't hear her, just as expected. The guards threatened to kill her if she said another word. Of course, being the fearless girl she is, she broke the glass and ran. She was already covered in dye. She was ready to be colonized.

"Vlox, how long until the ceremony?" said Akiko. Vlox and Akiko Houndrye is their name. They are very intelligent boys. Their parents died.. but not in the war. The guards were held for their murder. Not punished, of course, being that they had a right to. "I don't know, Akiko. You know we won't be together, right? I am red, you are blue. We need to learn to get used to it." They both walked into the crowd of colored people.

"Attention! Thank you all for coming here today. I noticed all of you are teenagers. Interesting. You're probably wondering why you're covered in dye. Well, you will be put into colored colonies and sent to fight. Sure, the war may be over, but there is other forces of danger out there. Some of you may die, sure. But it's up to your leaders and common sense to make sure you come out strong. I will be calling names. If your name is called, you are the leader of your colony. Here we go." The mayor called out eight names. "Aki Roserich. Daisuke Thorn. Akiko Houndrye. Alyx Roserich. Vlox Houndrye. Eri Heinz. Aya Silversteen. And last but not least, Dyson Bane." The eight teens went up to the stage, staring out into the crowd.

"Good luck. You're all gonna need it." Vlox said to the seven people. "My parents taught me how to fight, at least." A girl name Aya called out. "So did ours." He points at Akiko. He smiles and tears up a little. Akiko tried hard to not think about it. He loved his brother dearly. The eight leaders walked up to their colonies, and the mayor lead them all to their bunkers. "Good luck, kids." They all ignored him. He saw it in their eyes that they were sad and distraught.

"I am Vlox Houndrye, and I will be your leader." He announced, in that deep British voice. "Mr. Houndrye. I am Sanie Phoenix, and I was wondering..Why were we put into these groups..? I am only 13." Vlox sat down beside her. "I am 13 too.. I'm not sure why this happened. At least we all have a place to call home now.. Don't you worry about a thing, okay? I will make sure we don't die." Sanie hugged him and started unpacking her things.

"I am Eri Heinz. I shall be your leader." A young girl raised her hand in the back. "Yes?" she said. "My name is Alana Slabs, and...I was wondering.. How old are you?" The girl shyly asked. "I am 13. How many people here are 13?" Everyone raised their hand. "Interesting." They all chose a bed and unpacked their things in the double chest. "I'll go see if we have food. Or a kitchen.." Sure enough, there was a huge kitchen with loads of food, and a bathroom in the hall. "Nice.. I think we'll do great here."