6:30 am

The door slammed behind Corbin as he entered his own apartment. Intrigued by the smell of coffee, he made his way into the kitchen where Dante sat at the table.
"Maxwell wondered if we wanted to go out tonight as a group and feed. You up for it?" Corbin asked.
"Well duh, I'm always up for that kind of thing." Dante tapped his fingers on the table and slowly took a sip of coffee. Corbin smiled. "Good, I was hoping you'd say that." The two sat together, drinking black coffee and  chatting idly. The day flew by, and before they knew it it was late in the evening. The sun could be seen setting through the sheer curtains and the apartment floor was bathed in a fiery red.

"Corbin? Are you coming?" Dante called from the hallway. How long had Corbin been standing there watching the sun set? It didn't really matter.

"Yeah, just a second." Corbin called back as he retrieved his shoes- worn out doc martens with yellow laces.

The two hurried down the stairs of the apartment building and met Maxwell at the front door outside. He was accompanied by shorter, stocky man with a backpack.
"Santiago! It's nice to see you again. How's your new house?" Corbin said.
"Shitty." Santiago laughed. "The plumber found cockroaches or something crawling in the pipes. My shower's broke and I smell like ass." He plopped his backpack on the ground and began to dig through it. "Anyway, I brought some stuff for tonight. I've sorta been hoarding this kind of stuff." He pulled out the contents of the bag, revealing three switchblades and a shotgun. The other men gasped excitedly, and Santiago hurriedly put the weapons back in the bag. "Are you guys excited or what?" He glanced up with a grin, exposing pointed fangs. It was almost feeding time.